Chapter 21

Avni Bhabhi has teased me relentlessly since I came down after my talk with Kartavya and even now she is looking at me with a sly smile

Avni Bhabhi has teased me relentlessly since I came down after my talk with Kartavya and even now she is looking at me with a sly smile. I told her to stop teasing but she said she isn't going to stop anytime soon.

"Tume pata hata Anika aap ke husband ne mujhe aur Aviraj ko kitna tang kiya. So it's my turn now." She laughed.

(Do you know, Anika, your husband used to tease me and Aviraj so much.)

"But Bhabhi shouldn't you be teasing Kartavya and not me."

"Do you think us teasing him will have any effect on him? That man will become even more shameless if we tease him and he will try to embarrass us in return. I know how it went when I teased him about Mahira and let-" She stopped mid sentence realising what she said and I was frozen in my spot. "I'm so sorry Anika I shouldn't have said that. It just slipped."

"It's okay Bhabhi, I can understand, don't worry." I forced a smile.

"I'm really sorry Anika, it wasn't intentional." she held my hand and apologised profusely and I can see that it was genuine. I don't want to make a big deal out of it.

"It's really okay, Bhabhi." I hugged her and tried to reassure her. "C'mon let's go out, they must be waiting for us. Nodding, we went out.

"Avni, Anika come sit. We are about to start." Maa called. I went and sat beside Kartavya. After everyone settled down we started having dinner.

"Okay listen we will leave after breakfast tomorrow. We want you guys to be there early on Sunday evening , don't be late, okay." We all nodded and continued the eating with a lively chit chat around the dining table.

I just finished my night routine and went to the bedroom. Kartavya was talking on the phone with someone. I went and settled myself on the bed and took the book I was reading and started reading.

"Hey beautiful." Kartavya whispered huskily in my ear. I let out a gasp, I was so immersed in my book that I didn't even know he was done with his call. He was sitting so close to me that I could feel his hot breath on my neck.

"Hey, are you done with work?" I questioned trying to breath normally.

"Yes." He sat against the headboard and looked at the book I'm reading. I closed the book as normally as I could and placed it on the nightstand. I don't want him see what I was reading, It would be fucking embarrassing.

"What are you reading?" He asked.

"Oh you know, just a normal book." I shrugged. "Have finished your packing?"

"Yeah I have but there are still some things I need to pack. I will do them tomorrow." I nodded. "Why were you looking off earlier during the dinner?"

"Nothing." I shook my head not wanting to bring up what happened in the kitchen.

"You know Anika, you don't have to hide anything from me and you can always share your thoughts and feelings." he caressed my hair. Maybe we can have a talk about his ex now. Is it even the right time to ask him? I don't know the least he could do is not tell me. So I told him what happened in the kitchen. His expression changed from a tender look of understanding to an unreadable one.