Chapter 9

***Trigger warning***

We were sitting on the balcony and he brought me a cup of ice cream and a cup of coffee for himself. I could have kissed him for bringing me ice cream but I just thanked him with a grateful smile.

"Will you be able to sleep if you drink coffee now?" I questioned him, looking at the cup of black coffee.

"I function on less sleep. Don't worry about me. Tell me about him." He was looking at me waiting for me to start telling him about Neel.

"I was 21 at that time and had a friend Shreya. We were at her house just chilling in the backyard. We didn't know her parents had guests. He came over to us and started a conversation with us. Because he was a guest we were polite and soon he started flirting. When he didn't get the desired reaction from us he left. We thought it was over and continued having fun when Shreya went in to use the bathroom. She did not return for like 20 mins. When she did she was all shy and blushing. When we asked about she said nothing.

Then things started to change with her. We didn't know what was going on. She would skip college and when she did come she would have bruises and she would try to cover them with makeup. We asked her so many times what was going on but she never told us anything. But after like 5 months we stopped getting any text or calls from her for two days. Worried, Sakshi and I went to her house to check up on her and found her covered in bruises and crying.

To say we were shocked would be an understatement. As soon as she saw us she broke down completely. And started to tell us everything." I wiped my tears and looked at him watching me with an emotionless expression. He took my hand in his and gave it a light squeeze. Nodded me to continue.

"The day when he came to her house he took her number and said he wanted to know her more. He made her fall in love with him. He pretended to be in love with her. And after a while started demanding sex from but when she didn't accord to his wishes he raped her, beat her literally torture her to an extent that she would just go home and collapse in her bed from the pain. And the day before we went to her house she found out she was pregnant and went to tell him that she had enough and she was going to the police to report him.

You know what he did to her that day? He had his men rape her, beat her and what not. But they were really cautious, you know, not to hurt her much so she wouldn't die. He had one of his men drop her home and threatened her that if she told anyone or tried to go to police they would kill her whole family." I was full on sobbing remembering how much she suffered.

"Shh it's okay, calm down." He caressed my hair. His voice had a hint of softness I never heard before. When I turned to look at him his face was emotionless but his eyes told a whole different story.

"You don't seem shocked by what I told you." I was confused.

"I know what kind of person he is. She is not his first victim. He got away with a lot of horrible things as his family dealt with illegal businesses and bribed the officers. That's where their main income comes from and they clean the money by investing them in their company." I was shocked, how did he know?