Chapter 17

I woke up feeling the sun rays falling on my face

I woke up feeling the sun rays falling on my face. Scrunching my face I turned around and snuggled myself deeper into the bed. Hmm, the bed smells so good and why is the bed hard? I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing that came in my vision was the smooth olive chest. I stared at it confused for a few seconds then slowly last night's events came to mind. The dinner, the confessions, the kiss. Blush crept up my cheeks remembering the kiss. We kissed.

I slowly raised my head and looked at his face. He looked peaceful and the hardness he usually had when he was awake is missing. He looked innocent like a baby. I hesitantly raised my hand and brought up to his face, I slightly ran my fingers in his hair, I traced my finger on his thick arched eyebrows and straight nose and then his lips.

I let out a gasp when he kissed my finger. I raised my head and looked at him staring at me, his hazel eyes half open.

"How long have you been awake?" I whispered blush covering my cheeks.

"Since the time you stirred in arms and snuggled closer to me." His voice was deep and huskier than usual. My core clenched at his deep voice.

"You were awake all this time?"

"Yes." He pulled me closer to him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I pouted slightly.

"Because I was enjoying what you were doing." He nuzzled his face in the crock of my neck. "Good morning, sweetheart." I smiled hearing him call me that.

"Good morning Kartavya." The ringing of my alarm brought me back to reality. Shit! I have to get up and get ready for work. I turned around, stretched my hand and turned off the alarm. When I tried to get up Kartavya tightened his hold on my waist.

"Where are you going?" He murmured.

"Kartavya, we have to go to work. If we don't get up now we'll be late." I moved my hands to his hair and played with them.

He raised his head from my neck and looked at me. "Can't we just skip work today?" He whined.

"Nahi, Hum work skip nahi kar sakte Kartavya." I informed removing his hand from my waist.

(No, Kartavya we can skip work)

"Kyu nahi, we are the bosses. We can do whatever we like." He sat up and leaned on the head board.

(why not)

I let out a chuckle. "Aap hai boss, mein nahi. Mujhe jana hoga." I got up from the bed and looked at him to see him frowning.

(You are the boss, I'm not. I have to go)

"Company tho aapke bhai ka hai na. So you can do whatever you want." He ran his hand through his hair making it more dishevelled. I will never understand how he can look so good when he just woke up. I shook my head.