Chapter 56

The woman, who Vishal called Sarla from earlier, came to give me food

The woman, who Vishal called Sarla from earlier, came to give me food. She just stood there staring at me. “Eat it girl. You are lucky Mohan stopped him out there or else you would have been dead.” She pushed the plate towards me. “Don’t be stubborn, I'm telling you for your own good. Eat it, you will need all the strength.”  I looked down at the plate and then at her and finally pulled the plate towards me.

“You are a woman, how can you  support him? You’ve seen what he is doing to me and you are still here.” I mumbled, feeling drained. She looked at me for a good few minutes without saying anything as of contemplating whether she should reveal her secret or not. Then she cleared her throat.

“I have been with him since his childhood or more like he has been there for me. He was my son's best friend after my son's death. He is the only person who took care of me and prevented me from ending up on the street so I will do whatever that pleases him.” She stopped and looked at me with disdain. “My boy has been in love with for a long time. He dreamed of marrying you and starting a  family with you since the moment he saw you. But you betrayed him and married someone else because that person has more money than Vishal.” She hissed. My jaw hit the floor at her words.

“What he did was out of love. No man can bear their women taking another man’s name and you keep provoking him. Just accept his love and be a good wife to him. I will talk to him about not stopping the marriage. If he marries you, he will treat you right, if not I can't guarantee your safety.” She smiled maniacally.

This woman is crazy. She thought what her son did to me was love. I thought maybe I could talk to her to make her understand that what is happening is not right and that being a woman maybe she would understand and help me escape but now I think she was just as crazy as her son or even more. Maybe she must be the one who is filling all the bullshit in his mind.. “You and your son both are crazy and sick people. You think you would ever be able to escape after this. You think my husband will let you live in peace.” 

She tugged on my hair so hard that I could feel her nails digging into my scalp. “Even after all the beating you still haven’t lost your will huh. But don’t worry, soon you will bend to our will and be our slave. My son, bless his soul, wanted to make you his wife. But as he said, you don’t deserve it. He was ready to give you anything and was ready to shower you with all the luxuries in the world but you have all lost it.  You are going to rot in her for the rest of your days and be a good little fuck doll for my Vishal.” 

She pushed me away and reached for the plate. “You don’t deserve this.” Sarla walked out of the room locking it behind her. 

I screamed in frustration clutching my hair. How did my life turn out like this? 

After what felt like eternity, I heard noises outside my door. I slowly stood up even though my ribs were burning in pain and tears pricked my eyes. My breathing fastened as I limped towards the door holding on to my chest. When I reached the door I heard Sarla’s voice.