Chapter 29

I set the pod in the coffee machine and turned to take the ingredients I need to make pancakes

I set the pod in the coffee machine and turned to take the ingredients I need to make pancakes. I don't really want them but I needed something to distract myself from all the thoughts. I started mixing the batter when someone clears their throat behind me. I turned around to see Aviraj Bhai and Kartavya standing there looking at me as if I'm a ticking bomb ready to explode at any moment. I controlled the smile threatening to spread on my lips looking at their scared expression. I raised my eyebrow at them.

Aviraj Bhai cleared his throat again. "Uh I'm sorry Anika, I behaved like an asshole yesterday. It was just, we were seeing her after a long time that we completely lost sense of right or wrong and became selfish. We wanted her to feel welcomed and safe around us but in the process we forgot about you. We should have never behaved the way we did last night. It is completely unacceptable. We are ready to do anything to make it up to you." He concluded.

"I'm not ready to accept your apology yet, since the hurt you all caused me last night was not small. You yourself accepted that you forgot about me which is so bizarre on its own because we've been living in the same house for nearly 4 months. That shows where your loyalties lie. You forgot about me the moment you met her. What will happen when we visit Udaipur?." I mumbled and turned my back to them to check on the coffee. "So I need time to process all this and get over being hurt. So I will need time to forgive you all."

"Our loyalties lie with you, you are our family. We just got carried away last night. But that doesn't justify how we treated you yesterday. I understand, take your time. But know that it was never our intention to hurt you." I nodded without turning to face them. I don't want to look at Kartavya. As soon as I saw him I remembered what Sakshi said in the restroom. I know if I look at him I will cry. So I'm waiting for him to leave.

"Sweetheart." He called, his sensual voice going all the to my toes making them curl. I still don't turn to look at him. I poured the coffee in my cup and started making pancakes. "Anika, aab mujhe dekhogi bhi nahi?" His voice held hurt and desperation.

(You won't even look at me)

"Kyu dekhu? Apne mujhe kal dekha kya?" I asked in a choked voice. "This isn't the first time you hurt me because of her." I shook my head.

(Why should I? Did you see me last night?)

"I know baby I know fuck, I can't stress over how fucking sorry I am. But please let me help you, you must have a headache. Mein bana dhu tumhare liye. You can enjoy your coffee while I make them." He came and stood next to me. When he tried to take the bowl from me I turned away from him. "Stubborn woman." He muttered under his breath and shook his head.

(I will make the for you)

"I heard that." I noted. I pointed the mixing spatula at him. He looked like he was trying to control his smile. "I'm going to dump this on you if you let that smile free. And I'm not bluffing." I pointed to the batter and narrowed my eyes on him. He pursed his lips and gulped looking at me.