Chapter 22

We reach Anika's grandparents house around 1pm

We reach Anika's grandparents house around 1pm. We entered the house and were welcomed by her younger brother.

"Di!!." He exclaimed happily. "Dadi, Bhaiya di is here." He yelled out before engulfing her in a big hug. I have never seen her smile this big. Her whole face lights up like a christmas tree. "I miss you so much. You don't even come here anymore." He whined. I'm feeling awkward standing there, they completely forget about me.

"Aww, I miss you more, my chipmunk." She ruffled his hair. It was funny seeing how her 5 '6 self ruffled his hair, he is almost a foot taller than her.

"Di come on yaar don't mess up my hair." He started fixing it when I cleared my throat to let them know about my presence. As if realising they were not alone they both turned to me.

Kshitij sheepishly stepped forward. "Hi Jiju, good to see you here." He hugged.

"How are you Kshitij?" I patted his back and broke the hug. Before he could answer her elder brother Utkarsh came with a huge smile on his face.

"Ani, my gudiya. How are you?" He engulfed her in a bear hug.

"I'm good Bhaiya, how are you?" She pulled back and looked at him like he hung the moon and the stars.

"I'm good, gudiya." He replied and turned towards me and narrowed his eyes at me. We haven't had the best relationship since the beginning and now after the whole Mahira fiasco he doesn't like me at all. "Hello, Kartavya." He greeted curtly.

I nodded my head and held my hand out. I don't want to have any bad blood between us. He is my Anika's brother and I know he means a lot to her. "Good to see you again." I said with a slightly friendly tone.

"Come don't just stand there Dadi and Dadu are waiting for us." Utkarsh said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder while walking to the living room.

I was walking slightly behind them when Kshitij whispered something in Anika's ear. Her body immediately went rigid. I frowned but didn't question it further as we reached the living room where her grandparents were present. As I stood beside her, her grandparents stood up with the same huge smiles Kshitij and Utkarsh had.

"Arrey Anika, Kartavya c'mon we were waiting for you." Her Dadi moved towards her and. "How are you Anika?" Dadi kissed her forehead.

"Kartavya." I heard Anika's, Dadu's authoritative voice. I turned to him and saw him looking at me with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Mr. Rajvansh, sir" I bent down and touched his feet for blessings. I respected this man just as I respected my grandfather because of his morals and ethics. And how he ran his business with an iron fist, come what may in his way.

"Don't be so formal, beta. You're family. And I already told you, you can call me Dadu, just like Anika if you like." He patted my shoulder. I nodded and smiled at him.