Chapter 48

"Why can't you leave me the fuck alone?" I yelled into my phone as soon as I answered the call for the nth time this day

"Why can't you leave me the fuck alone?" I yelled into my phone as soon as I answered the call for the nth time this day. Why can't she take a fucking hint. I'm tired of her bullshit. Even after warning and blocking several numbers she is still contacting me.

"I told you already I can't. I know I made a mistake of not telling you about Neel but I was scared. Why can't you see it from my perspective for once." She pleaded. "I'm in danger Kartavya, why don't you understand. I'm not lying, Neel is threatening to kill me. Please I have no one else I could ask for. Please."

"How many times are you going to tell me the same old sob story and how many time should I tell you I don't give a fuck." I gritted. Fuck! Why can't she just disappear from my life.

"Is this because of her? Are you so blinded by her that you can't see how much you are hurting me and how my life is in danger? You are my whole world Kartavya and I can't bear that you are so cold and unfeeling towards my pain like this.." She cried. I closed my eyes in frustration. "Why can't we meet once only once and listen to what I have to say? I can even show you all his threatening texts. He said since I'm no use to him he is planning to kill me soon." Having enough of her bullshit I snapped.

"Should have thought that before getting involved with someone like Neel. You made your choices, and now you have to deal with the consequences. Don't drag me into your mess." I hissed.

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line, and then she spoke with a shaky voice, "I know I messed up, Kartavya. But I'm scared and desperate. Please, just meet me once, hear me out, and then you can decide whether to help me or not. There is no one who can help me other than you, you are my last option from this hell." She sobbed.

I sighed heavily, feeling a mix of anger, frustration, and a tinge of sympathy. Despite everything, there was history between us. But I had to be firm. "Listen, I don't owe you anything. We're done, and you need to move on. Deal with your problems on your own. I can't fix this for you."

She started sobbing uncontrollably, her voice cracking as she said, "I never meant for things to turn out this way. Please, Kartavya, I promise I'll disappear from your life after this. I just need one chance to explain." Shaking my head I hung up the phone. I sighed and stared at my phone for a few moments before throwing it onto the bed and walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

"Kartavya, stop sulking, your wife will be back tomorrow. You've been like this since the day you left her at her grandparents house. God, it's like watching a sad puppy who has been kicked." Maa teased, while the rest of my family laughed at my expense. I rolled my eyes. It was Sunday night and we were having dinner and Ani was away for two days . God knows how I survived these two days without her. Good thing she will be back tomorrow.

"I'm not sulking." I muttered concentrating on my food. Damn I got so used to her that a few days without her feels like eternity. Even though we talked on the phone and texted non stop but still I wanted her with me in front of my eyes, in my arms, I wanted to kiss her. I could easily go to her but I didn't want to interrupt her when she was with her family. I sighed.