Chapter 50

Comment and Vote guy

******

After the whole debacle at my grandparents house I've been going there to check on Dadi for the past two weeks. After on of my visits I reached home around 7 in the evening. Everyone was in the living room waiting for dinner to start I guess, I walked in and saw that there was no sign of Avy anywhere. I shrugged off since he must have been working late for the case as he has been a lot busier than usual. I smiled and greeted everyone. 

"Anika, How is Dadi beta? I hope she is doing alright?" Avy's Dadi asked, her voice laced with concern. I sighed and sat down.

"She is not doing okay Dadi. She hasn't been eating properly since the arrest and She is stressing a lot. But Dadu, Bhaiya and Kshitij are taking care of her." Dadi nodded with a frown.

"I can understand her pain. We can't imagine if our child has gone in the wrong way and is in jail. I hope she gets well soon." I nodded. "Maybe we can go and visit her to cheer her up a bit. What do you think, Anjali?." Dadi suggested.

"I guess that's a good Idea Maa. We can go tomorrow after our visit from the organisation." I smiled feeling grateful that I got such a good family as my in-laws. "Okay beta you go and freshen up and come down for dinner" I nodded.

I made my way into our room and sighed, finding it empty even though I know he was not home I was still disappointed. I decided to wait for him until after taking a shower. When I finished my shower and came out there was still no sign of Avy.

I shook my head. Why can't he just take it easy, as far as I know everything has been good lately with the case and they were building a solid case. He came home late last night too. I tried to stay up until he came home but ended up sleeping. He came back around 3 in the morning and left early this morning. The only consolation I got was the note he left for me in the morning. I called him and waited for him to pick up, but he did not answer the call. I scowled and texted him.

Anika: Call me when you are free.

I left my phone to charge and went downstairs. Since Bhabhi was having swollen feet Maa was setting the dining table. I went and helped her. "Anika, where is Kartavya? Why is he not home yet? He was not home for dinner last night either." She frowned.

"Yes, Maa I guess he is going to be late today as well." " She shook her head.

"This boy. Let him come, I will give him a peace of mind." She muttered. I chuckled and placed the glasses on the table. After setting the table I went to call him again and saw a missed call and a text waiting for me.

Avy: Don't wait for me, I'm working late. x

I sighed and went down and informed Maa that Avy will be late today too. She made a disapproving noise and soon everyone arrived and we started having dinner. The dinner was a usual event with a little bit of chats here and there.