Chapter 35

"Hey baby, how are you?" He held my hand in his and sat on the bed pulling me onto his lap

"Hey baby, how are you?" He held my hand in his and sat on the bed pulling me onto his lap. I sat sideways wrapping my arms around his neck. "Even though you're showing a strong front, I know how vulnerable you are feeling after the messages and after talking about the past." I just shrugged and played with the button on his kurta. "Talk to me." He placed a finger on my chin and raised my head to meet his eyes.

"That's always how I dealt with situations like this. I either run away from my problems or try to make humour out of it. You must have noticed it by now." I mumbled.

"I did, you ran from situations you don't want to deal with. You ran away after I skipped dinner, you ran away after you saw Mahira in the mall. And you tried to run away from the situation in the club when you went dancing, instead of confronting these situations head on." My eyebrows almost reached my hairline as I released a slow breath.

"You noticed." My voice came out barely above a whisper.

"Why won't I? I noticed each and everything about you and I said this so many times." He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "Why do you think I was angry on the day you left the mall to go to Sakhsi's house, I was pissed that instead of talking to me you left with her." He sighed.

"From now onwards I don't want you to run away from problems or anything that's bothering you. I want you to come talk to me if something is bothering you. If you don't want to talk right away, take some time and when you are ready, I'll always be there for you, Okay?" I nodded leaning forward and captured his lips with mine and kissed him with slowly.

His hands tightened on my waist. We were kissing when my stomach growled loudly. Oh god. I turned crimson and my ears felt hot. I quickly got up from his lap. He chuckled. We didn't eat anything, not even breakfast except for prashad. "Come on baby, let's feed you and calm that monster down." He stood up. I was embarrassed.

Jeez Anika way to embarrass yourself.

"Do you know something is going on in my mind since the call with my brother?" I said to Avy as we walked out of our room. He held my hand and we started going down the stairs.

"Kya baat hai?" He asked.

(what is it?)

"While I was talking to Sakshi in the temple she said something along the lines of 'she will solve everything even if she has to talk to that person after three years' and then boom bhai calls you. Why didn't she talk to my brother for three years. But they always are cordial and talk normal with each other."

"There must be something going on, baby we don't want to interfere."

"But they are my brother and best friend right, why hide it from me? I don't understand what is actually going on." I sighed, we reached downstairs and started walking towards the dining hall.

"Anika, Kartavya come here." Komal Dadi. I groaned internally now I have to interact with people. I don't think I can handle human interaction and small talk well with an empty stomach.