Chapter 20

My wife was an enigma

My wife was an enigma. I was beguiled by her and it was evident by how I can't keep my eyes off her. Last night was really beautiful. I was not expecting it to go so smoothly, everything was so perfect. The kiss was everything and more she tasted as sweet as she looked. For the first time since forever I'm genuinely happy. She was making me experience all the emotions I thought I won't ever feel again. When she said she had a great time and was happy I couldn't have been more content.

"So why did you call us here Dadi?" I came back from my thoughts when Bhai talked. I looked beside me to see Anika talking animatedly with Aarav. Aarav has formed a special bonding with his Chachi and anyone can see how much they love each other.

"Where are the other two Kathik and Kavya?" Dadi inquired. Anika and Aarav stopped their talking and turned their attention to the conversation going on.

"Oh woh apne friends ke sath bahar hai late hoga unhe aate hue." Choti Maa informed.

(they are out with their friends. They'll be late today.)

"Okay then you inform them later. So we are leaving for Udaipur early since Dadu wants to spend some time with his sister before the hustle and bustle of the wedding starts." Dadi informed us.

"And the four of us decided to join Maa and Papa." Choti Maa chimed in. "So we wanted to ask if you want to come with us?"

"No Choti Maa we can't come, we have to still wrap up our work before we leave for Udaipur. The two weeks we are going we decided to fully be present and enjoy there.. Maybe ask Karthik and Kavya if they can join you guys ." Bhai reasoned.

"Can't we go early?" Anika mumbled lightly to me so only I could hear. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"We can't Anika, as Bhai said we haven't wrapped up the work." She pouted with a nod. "Sorry baby we can't."

"It's okay, I didn't complete all my work in the company either anyway." She shrugged. I shook my head with a chuckle.

"So it's decided then you guys will come on the previously planned date." Maa said and stood up. "Okay Anika, Kartavya, go freshen up, dinner will start soon." Nodding we stood up and went to our room.

We went into our room and I noticed Anika observing our bedroom with an unknown emotion. I squeezed her hand which brought her back from her thoughts.

"What are you looking at?" she looked at me with same expression

"Kuch nahi bus ajeeb sa lag raha hai. Pehle ye room sirf aapka tha ab yehi room pehli baar mera lag raha hai." I went closer to her and stood in front of her cupping her cheeks. I made her look at me.

(Nothing, It's just weird. Before it was just your room. Now I feel like it's mine too.)

"What are you talking about? This is your room as much as it is mine."