Chapter 1

I had been waiting anxiously in my new bedroom for the past ten minutes, it was my wedding night

I had been waiting anxiously in my new bedroom for the past ten minutes, it was my wedding night. I was startled from my thoughts when my husband, the great Kartavya Raichand, came into the room. I slowly turned to look at him and he was already looking at me. The only thought that came to my mind when I looked at him was 'he's the most beautiful man I've ever seen'.

I looked at him standing over me at 6'4 to my 5' 6 height with broad shoulders and lean body. He was epitome of perfection with his hazel eyes with specks of gold in them and a perfect straight nose and lips which are so soft and red that I just stood there staring at him in trance, after a few beats when I noticed his lips moving. Coming out of my trance I concentrated on what he's saying.

"We need to talk." He said with ice lacing his voice.I looked at him confused not understanding why he was angry. Nodding I told him okay and waited for him to continue.

"Listen I don't know how to tell you this but I will let you know that I didn't want this marriage. My mother and grandfather forced me to marry you so I agreed to make them happy.. As your husband I will respect and take care of you and provide you with anything you want, that's it, so other than that don't expect any love and affection from me." he said looking at me in the eyes intensely to see if I understood or not.

After hearing what he said I was not least bit surprised as I was not expecting anything from him since I got to know from Amaira, my cousin who is friends with Khushi and Kavya, his cousins that he was forced into this marriage by his family, just as I was by mine. So when he said that I understood him but somewhere in the corner of my heart I hoped Amaira was wrong.

"Okay, I understand. I didn't want this marriage either." I said, he was slightly surprised by what I said but he quickly masked it.

"Okay then we will behave like a normal couple in front of others but in our room and in private we are strangers and we don't interfere in each other's business." He said walking towards the balcony which was attached to his room.

"If we are done then I'm going to change." With that I walked into the bathroom after collecting my clothes from my suitcases.

Ugh. I don't know what I expected but not this. I thought we could at least be friends but not this. Fine whatever if he wants us to stay as strangers then so be it I'm not going to force him.

The bathroom was just as classy and beautiful as the rest of his room. As soon as I walked in I looked at myself in the mirror as my friends and family said I looked gorgeous, in a stunning pastel pink lehenga with a lot of embroidery work it was simply just show stopping and my make up was done professionally highlighting my features and ending with a matte red lipstick. I took a bath and changed into some comfortable night clothes.

I walked out of the bathroom with my clothes and noticed he was talking on the phone while sitting on the bed. He looked up when he noticed I was standing there awkwardly.