Chapter 26

"He hung up

"He hung up." I stared at my phone in disbelief. Sakshi was giggling beside him. I glared at her. But she just laughed even more. I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest and looked out of the window.

"Oh c'mon, don't be angry." She pulled me closer to her. I leaned my head on her shoulder and released a breath.

"I shouldn't have done that. He wanted to spend time with me but me being me ruined his plan." I opened our chat to see I haven't replied to his last text. "Maybe I should call him and apologise for being so rude."

"Ani, right you shouldn't have done that. You call him when we reach home and explain why you wanted some time, okay." She caressed my head. I hummed and we remained in a comfortable silence until we reached her home.

We walked inside and her parents were in the kitchen. Mona aunty was cooking something while Arjun uncle was whispering something in her ears which was causing her to blush. "Okay guys enough we are here now." I said loudly, catching their attention. They both turned towards us and blinding smiles spread on their faces.

"Ani, meri bachi." Mona aunty came out of the kitchen and took me in a bear hug. She pulled back after a few seconds. "How are you? Why haven't you come since your wedding? Did you forget about us?" She muttered with fake anger.

(Ani, my child)

"Haan bhul gayi hogi hume shadi hui na isliye." Arjun mumbled as if he was disappointed.

(Yes she forgot us, now that she is married no.)

"Oh stop it you drama queens. I was here two weeks ago but you guys weren't there." I rolled my eyes at them. "How are you guys? I missed you so much."

"We are good, how are you and when are you bringing your husband for lunch." Mona aunty asked. We went and sat on the couch. We chatted for a bit and we went to Sakshi's room.

"Should I call him?" I looked at my phone with a frown.

"Of course you should, until then I will go see if we have anything to eat." She left the room, closing the door behind her. I sighed here goes nothing. I dialled his number and waited for him to pick him up. Just when I thought he wasn't going to pick up he answered the call.

I looked at him to see he was in our room. We both remained silent, not saying anything. Yeah we are stubborn like that I guess. Sighing, I spoke first. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have spoken to you like that." I didn't look at him and focused my attention on the painting behind him.

"Loot at me." His deep voice was authoritative and alluring. "Why did you go there when we planned to spend some quality time together after you returned from shopping?" He waited patiently waiting for me to answer.

Should I tell him about what happened at the mall or will it cause any problems. He said Bhabhi was her best friend and she felt guilty and sad. Now that they met, do I even have any right to say anything? It's just so confusing, then there is another thing, will he validate my feelings when I tell him how their behaviour made me feel or will he just ignore it like Bhabhi and Kavya did.