Chapter 60

After everyone had come to see me

After everyone had come to see me. I was just relaxing and having my lunch while Avy read a newspaper, when a sudden thought occurred in my mind. "Avy." I called. He sat with his right ankles on his left knee, looking like a mighty king.

"Hmm, sweetheart." He answered. Jeez how can this man be so sexy even without doing anything. A sigh escaped my lips. I could just keeping looking at him forever and never get bored. As if knowing the effect he had on me his lips quivered up in a knowing smirk.

I shook my head at him. "Is something wrong? Do you need anything?" He asked with concern, when I didn't talk. Oh why did I call him?

Oh right!

"Avy what happened to Vishal?" I asked, swallowing past the lump in my throat. Even thinking about him was giving me shivers down my spine. Avy's face turned cold as a nerve jumped in his jaw.

"You don't have to worry about him. You just take a rest and recover soon baby." He said, turning his attention back to the newspaper. I frowned.

"Avy, please tell me what happened?" I pleaded, giving him my best puppy eyes. Which he couldn't resist. To add an extra effort I jutted my bottom lip out.

Which was a bad move because the cut on my lip opened up and I hissed in pain. "Anika fuck!" Avy stood up from his place and inspected my injury. When he noticed blood on lips. His features hardened as he took a tissue from the table beside my bed and pressed it to my lip. "Anika, why would you do that? You know you have cut on your lip. Now look, it opened again." He gritted as he glared at me.

Tears welled up in my eyes at his harsh tone. "But Avy I was–"

"Stop talking. You're making it worse." He snapped. And that was the last straw as tears streamed down my face. His eyes softened as he sighed. "Ani, sweetheart I'm sorry I yelled at you. But Baby you have to be careful, you're wounds are still fresh not yet healed. I can't see you in pain. I feel so helpless that I couldn't do anything to lessen your pain." He blew out a breath and dropped his forehead onto mine.

"You are so precious to me, Anika. I never ever felt anything like this for anyone before. The way I feel for you and the feelings I have for you scares me sometimes. Seeing you unconscious on the floor with so much blood gushing out of you literally killed me. I died a thousand deaths seeing you like that. I couldn't do anything to stop the blood, it was a feeling I would never want to feel. I would never be able to forget the pain and anguish I felt in that moment. I felt like someone was stomping on my heart repeatedly until there was nothing left of me. It became difficult to take my next breath until you opened your eyes. I felt like I could finally breathe when you opened your eyes and looked at me until then I was living just like a walking talking corpse."

Hearing him talk about how he felt for the first time since everything happened brought a fresh set of tears into my eyes. This mighty man who commands the entire Raichand empire like it was as easy as breathing, telling how he felt, showing his vulnerability sent a sharp pain through my heart breaking it into millions pieces.