Chapter 5

I was getting frustrated

I was getting frustrated. It was literally 3 hours before the 45th anniversary of Raichand Corporations and I still haven't decided what to wear.

"Guys just choose one I don't think I have any time left." I snapped at my friend's Sakshi and Shaurya who are cousins and were on a facetime call with me to help me select a dress. They both are also coming but they don't have to be early like me so they are just chilling.

"Wear the red one." Sakshi finally caved in and agreed with me and Shaurya. She wanted me to wear the black one but i don't feel like it's the right time to wear it.

"Finally." I huffed. "Now if you guys will excuse me I'll get ready. And please be there by 8-8:30. Okay bye."I hung up the phone and started placing the other dresses inside and went to shower.

It's been 2 hours and I was doing my final touches of the make. After that I looked at myself in the mirror and I was really happy with how everything turned out.

I was wearing a red sleeveless ball gown that has a little bit of flared skirt with a plunging deep neck line. And my makeup on point with a light shimmering of gold eyeshadow, winged eyeliner and mascara on the eyelashes. I was wearing a deep red lipstick since everything was a bit neutral because of the popping red colour. And I paired it with a black Louboutin 5 inch heels. I was spraying perfume on myself when Kartavya entered the room and stopped dead in his tracks.

He was looking at me with his black lashes lowered. His eyes roamed my body and he looked at the slit on my thigh which was above my mid thigh and his jaw clenched. He's bewitching hazel eyes filled with intangible heat in them as he devours me with his eyes. His gorgeous face was set in a hard mask but the intensity in his eyes was making me squirm in my spot.

Exhaling a breath he ran a hand through his hair and went into the closet telling me he'll be ready in ten minutes. Disappointed that he didn't even tell me how I looked, I went down to the living room after collecting my phone and clutch. Avni bhabhi and Aviraj Bhai were talking about something when I was walking down the stairs. As soon as Avni bhabhi spotted me walking towards them a gasp left her mouth.

"Anika oh my God you are looking so fucking beautiful. Kartavya is going to lose his mind when he sees you." He saw me alright but he didn't comment and just went to get ready. I don't say that out loud.

"Avni bhabhi, have seen yourself, you are literally perfection. I don't know how you manage to look like this all the time." She was wearing a black glittery ball gown with a sweetheart neckline and spaghetti straps paired with a black heels. We were gushing over each other when Kartavya came down in his all black tom ford tuxedo. Yeah i know it's Tom ford because I saw them while I was arranging my clothes

The only thing that came to mind when I saw Greek god. He is a literal definition of Greek god. With his imposing height of 6'4 and broad shoulders. The suit was custom made for him. His white gold cufflinks were gleaming under the light while he adjusted his sleeves. I stopped talking and just stood staring at him.