A dog.

I bite my lip, thinking that a smile would come out from the easily drawn image of a dog.

Because I'm not brazen enough to smile broadly at this man since I haven't decided in my heart about the feelings it had for him yet.

That's why I have avoided facing him.

Haiz.

"What are you doing?"

I raise my head as if nothing has happened.

"Ah, tomorrow is the day that I'll go to Condel."

Did you come here to tell me in case I didn't know?

As I blink towards Charles, he coughs and clears his voice, looking at me.

"Since you are waiting for me, I will get home safely without any troubles."

"......"

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable because of me. I want you to sleep well, and I don't want you to skip meals just because you are tired."

As he says those words, he rubs his lips in embarrassment.

"I will be back as soon as possible."

"......"

The tips of his ears are slightly red, and there are red, mottled marks on the nape of his neck.

His words, along with his body language, reveal that this is something he had never done to anyone before—

"I will."

I smile without realizing it.

"Have a safe trip."

However, not long after his dispatch, bad news fly in from Condel.

.

.

"The troops appear to be isolated."

"......"

Shit.

This is like the novel.

What rhythm do you want me to dance to?

I thought it was the right choice, but it wasn't.

This crazy novel still flows the same way.

It's driving me crazy.

I turn away, suppressing the urge to pluck my hair.

"Haiz~!"

With a long sigh, Edgar coughs through his clenched fists and takes a step forward.

"There's news that they're isolated, but there's nothing to worry about, Your Grace."

"......"

"Because this is so unusual in Condel. Isn't it a very steep mountain? Haha."

Let's look at Edgar's smiling face.

"I'm sorry."

Edgar, who must have sensed my unusual expression, makes a hasty correction and bows his head while politely clasping his hands behind his back.

Knowing that he is trying to comfort me, I nod my head and raise my chin.

"Ha—"

Contrary to Edgar's words, he is not isolated somewhere.

Strictly speaking, he's injured and unable to move.

The entire unit must have been attacked by Cadensha, and he must have survived.