RWBY x JL P1 IF: Chapter 4

"Please join me in this tea party, Saber" Manaka Sajyou asked with a polite and innocent smile. However, Jaune was not falling for anything. He stayed on guard and made sure to grip Jessica's wrist, ensuring she stayed behind him at all costs. Jessica noticed the complete seriousness on Jaune's face and wondered, "Who is that girl...?"

"I prefer not to join you, Manaka. We have to get going to find our companion" Jaune explained as he put on a casual facade, but it still showed his serious attitude. He did not want to say more than what he had to, but this was all for nothing as there was nothing to hide anymore.

Manaka frowned as she clapped her hands, and suddenly, multiple plates of food shifted and manifested in front of her. Jessica's eyes widened at what had just happened. "I have made you food, so please join me, Saber~...."

She begged, but Jaune didn't move and looked away.

"We don't have time. Leave." His voice did not falter, as this was almost like a command. However, this did not affect Manaka in the slightest. "I beg to differ. You and your allies have all the time in the world... Well, with the time they have, at least" Her smile formed. In normal cases, Jaune would have been fooled by that smile and trusted her, but not anymore.

"Jaune...? Who... Is that?" Jessica peeked her head from behind him, her gaze shifting between Jaune and Manaka with curiosity, but a sense of caution gleamed in her eyes.

"Oh! I never introduced myself, AHEM! I am Manaka Sajyou. It's a pleasure to meet someone so... close to... Saber" she bit her lip at the end but managed to maintain a happy facade. "Saber? Jaune?" Jessica glanced at Jaune upon hearing the name she used for him. "I am his closest friend and lover" Manaka proudly pronounced, getting up and smoothing her dress before skipping towards them. However, Jaune stood his ground and tightened his grip on Jessica's wrist, causing her to flinch slightly.

"You are Jessica Cruz, Green Lantern, and the other, weaker, pathetic member of that small group of false heroes, Justice League, riiight~?" She taunted Jessica, who flinched further and instinctively moved behind Jaune as her insecurities began to get the best of her. Both Manaka and Jaune noticed Jessica's unease.

Manaka's eyes then locked onto Jaune, who was still holding Jessica's wrist. She began to smile and tilted her head, a gesture that might seem cute in other circumstances, but given the type of person Manaka was, it was a deeply unsettling facial expression.

"Why are you making my Saber hold your hands? Are you that pathetic without your ring, and how powerless are you that you need a real hero to save your false, worthless, and dirty existence? You should just disappear

"Why are you making my Saber hold your hands? Are you that pathetic without your ring, and how powerless are you that you need a real hero to save your false, worthless, and dirty existence? You should just disappear. You won't be missed. I will personally celebrate it with my Saber, watching your body burn and taking your ashes..." Manaka's mocking words struck at Jessica's very core. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she began to tremble, gripping Jaune's hand tightly. This would have continued if it weren't for Jaune.