RWBY x JL P1 IF: Chapter 3

In the confines of Ozpin's office, the massive gears of the clock continued their relentless march, the rhythmic clicking a stark reminder of the passage of time. Jessica and Jaune, deep in their search for the elusive Green Lantern Ring, had been at it for what felt like an eternity, yet they had made no headway.

"Hmm..." Jessica let out a frustrated grunt as her fingers continued to glide across the surface of the desk, finding nothing but the cold, smooth wood. Jaune, on the other hand, had shifted his attention away from the desk and was gazing thoughtfully out of the window, lost in contemplation.

"Ruby was certain the ring was on this desk, but I've checked it thoroughly... twice" Jessica sighed, her annoyance evident. She turned her gaze to Jaune, a glimmer of hope in her eyes. "Any ideas?"

Jaune considered her question carefully. "I don't have a clear picture of where it might be yet" he admitted. "But I'm willing to help in any way I can."

"Alright, if that's the case, please, keep searching" Jessica responded, her mood still downcast.

Changing the subject to something less emotionally charged, Jaune proceeded cautiously. "When did you receive this ring of yours?" he asked, aware of Jessica's emotional fragility at the moment and treading carefully to avoid upsetting her further.

"It was a while ago. My friends and I went on a hunting trip. We came across mobsters who were burying a body, and... Ah...T-They... Killed m-my..." He started to notice Jessica trembling as her voice changed pitch, and her stuttering became more frequent. Jaune unexpectedly hugged Jessica, who stopped talking as a single tear rolled down her left eye. "H-Huh," she looked up to see Jaune smiling as he held her gently.

In most cases, she would have likely slapped anyone who did that out of the blue, reacting strongly

In most cases, she would have likely slapped anyone who did that out of the blue, reacting strongly. However, she felt warm and safe in the arms of the person she hardly knew anything about except his name. "Why does this feel... nice?" she wondered but eventually gave in and rested her head on his chest.

"I am sorry for asking something so personal without knowing you. I humbly ask for your forgiveness for my foolish words. My intention was not to bring back such a horrible memory" he softly spoke as he gently rubbed the back of her head. Jessica's body stopped shaking, and her breathing seemed to return to normal.

Jaune was able to see through her "She seem to have debilitating anxiety issues, and her troubled past that affects her confidence as well everything else. Poor girl... No one should suffer from such a horrible fate, so I hope I can bring some light to help" Jaune thought, understanding Jessica's must have struggled with a past trauma that had haunted her from a young age.

"Thank you... You're... fine as well" Jessica softly spoke, feeling protected and cocooned in warmth. It was as if everything and the sunlight itself were wrapping around her, soothing her heart. Every fluffy, cute animal seemed to come together to provide comfort on those cold days. After seeing her calm down, Jaune stepped back, releasing her, and crouched down.