Chapter 73: Shocking Reactions

Ruby: Let us through, General, move your men!

Yang: Move already!

Nora: General, move!

Jaune's friends yelled out to Ironwood, who had his army in the area where all the people ran to, seeking refuge in the subway. They were beyond furious and saddened. The General explained that Jaune wished for them to stay here as he and his knights would handle the threat. They called Jaune stupid and other harsh words as they tried to fight back against the soldiers and the Ace Ops. Although their determination impressed the General, it was not enough, and they were eventually restrained.

Ironwood opened his scroll, broadcasting a live feed of the Grimm forces attacking civilians. People all over Remnant, who noticed the connection to global communication was restored, watched the broadcast with shock and horror. The message from Ironwood and Robyn, along with the live footage from Maria's scroll, confirmed the severity of the situation.

Maria: I have trust in the lad to win.

Penny: You can do it, Jaune and his friends!

Penny cheered, but Doc couldn't help but feel worried about Jaune's bold plan. He knew Jaune was strong, but facing such a large number of Grimm was a daunting challenge.

Doc: I still don't understand why the General agreed to Mr. Arc's crazy plan... I know he is strong, but this is something else...

He looked worriedly over the ledge with Penny, who was on the edge, swinging her legs in anxiety as she closely watched the ongoing fight. Penny felt the urge to go and fight alongside Jaune, knowing that no one should face such a massive horde of Grimm alone. She believed in Jaune's strength, but this battle seemed overwhelming even for him and his knights. The golden-haired girl with the menacing eyes scared Penny the most.

Meanwhile, on the battlefield:

Gilgamesh: Hahaha! Die! Die! You are not worth living in the same plane of existence as myself, mongrels!

Back with Penny:

Penny: She really scares me

................................................................................................................................................................

Meanwhile, in the prison cells strictly guarded by Winter, Clover, Harriet, and high-tier soldiers armed with illegal weapons, the prisoners seethe with anger and frustration. Jacques Schnee demands to be released immediately, but Winter remains unfazed, her glare unwavering.

Winter: Quiet, prisoner!

Jacques points angrily at Winter, threatening her with the wrath of his lawyers, but she shuts him down without hesitation.

Winter: You have no money left to pay any lawyers. They were all arrested for their involvement in your illegal actions. Your words mean nothing.

Jacques tries to correct her on his name, but Winter reveals a document with the word "Divorce" on it, proving that her mother had finally cut ties with him.

Jacques: T-That b*tch! How dare she! Once I leave, I will make you and her life hell! Whitley will surely get me out.

Winter remains amused by his futile threats, knowing that Whitley had played a significant role in Jacques' downfall.

Winter: He won't do anything. In fact, he provided evidence against your illegal actions that led to your arrest.

Whitley: Hello, Old man.

Whitley enters the scene, looking composed and wearing a suit, clearly relishing the opportunity to confront his father.

Whitley: Heh... Excuse my language.