Chapter 71: War Plans

Mordred, Gawain, and Bedivere continued to hold their ground on the battlefield, pushing back the forces of Grimm with their exceptional skills and coordination.

Mordred's excitement for battle was evident as she laughed with pure joy, reveling in the rush of destruction and combat.

Mordred: This is nothing! Ha-ha!

However, Bedivere reminded her of their mission, urging her to stay focused on what King Jaune had ordered.

Bedivere: Do relax yourself, Sir Mordred. Remember what our King has ordered us to do.

Mordred, still filled with adrenaline, playfully teased Bedivere.

Mordred: I know, you teacher's pet!

Gawain, with his skillful swordplay, dispatched the incoming Grimm with ease, but he also tried to keep Mordred's wild impulses in check.

Gawain: Sir Mordred, please. You nearly caused a lot of accidents when the soldiers were here.

Mordred remained defiant, blaming the soldiers for getting in their way and asserting that those who knew what they were doing should be in charge.

Mordred: Not my fault they are in the way! They should let the people who know what to do, do what they need to do!

Meanwhile, the imposing figure of Gilgamesh joined the fray, soaring above the battlefield with golden portals floating behind her.

Gilgamesh: Enough, mongrels! You are giving me a headache!

Gilgamesh's stern command brought a momentary pause to the bickering among the knights. She was a formidable presence on the battlefield, and her power demanded respect.

Gilgamesh, still displaying her arrogance and pride, insulted the knights once more, asserting her superiority over them

Gilgamesh: Unlike you mongrels, I'd rather not have a speck of dirt on anything of mine. Have some class, you dogs.

Mordred seethed with anger at the insult but held her tongue, recognizing the potential consequences of provoking Gilgamesh, who was a ruler of another kingdom and considered a friend by King Jaune.

As the knights and Gilgamesh watched, a golden figure in armor flew across the battlefield and crash-landed in front of them. Jaune had arrived, and Gilgamesh's prideful demeanor softened slightly in his presence.

Jaune: Gil, surprising to see you here.

Gilgamesh blushed slightly, her arrogance giving way to a sense of pride and camaraderie.

Gilgamesh: Don't you dare question m—

But Jaune interrupted her, expressing his gratitude.

Jaune: No, thank you, Gil.