Chapter 3: Exams *Rewrote*

The sun rose above the mountains, casting its warm glow into the room where everyone was still sleeping. Jaune and the sisters, along with the other students, woke up and left the ballroom to freshen up. They took showers, brushed their teeth, and had breakfast. Jaune had two bowls of rice, three slices of toast, a bowl of soup, and tamago kake gohan, which he devoured with a smile using chopsticks.

Yang: Jaune, you're eating quite a bit. Will you be okay for the exams?

Eating too much could affect one's performance, but Jaune seemed unfazed.

Jaune: Yeah, I'll be good. This is quite good, though.

Ruby: Ah, hah...

After breakfast, everyone watched in astonishment as Jaune finished his meal in record time. Yang and Ruby, engaged in a conversation, noticed two excited individuals leaving the armory.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? By the way, Ruby, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

She lovingly stroked Crescent Rose.

Yang: Well, Ruby, remember that initiation is not just about fighting. It's also about meeting new people and learning to work together.

Ruby sighed in frustration.

Ruby: You sound like Dad! What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And I don't need others to help me grow up. I drink milk!

Out of nowhere, Jaune appeared and joined the conversation.

Jaune: Last time I checked, milk doesn't help you grow in the way Yang meant. Perhaps she's right, Ruby. This could be a chance for you to make new friends.

Yang: Yeah, like how Jaune put it.

Yang nodded at Jaune appreciatively, while Ruby tried to argue her point but struggled.

Ruby: Jaune, please don't agree with her.

Jaune: Apologies...

Yang noticed Jaune's absence of weapons.

Yang: Wait, where is your weapon, Jaune? And wow, your clothing and armor look amazing.

Jaune: Thank you for the compliment. I made them myself. As for my weapon, it is currently concealed. I'd rather not bring it out until we need to head to the cliffs.

Yang: Ah, I see. You made them? Impressive!

Suddenly, Glynda made an announcement over the intercom system.

Glynda: Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately.

Yang: Well, let's go!

Yang, Ruby, and Jaune followed the crowd to Beacon Cliff, overlooking the Emerald Forest. Professor Ozpin and Glynda were standing there, ready to address the students.

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about team assignments. Allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates today.

Ruby: What? Ohhh...

Ozpin: These teammates will accompany you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to work well with them.