Chapter 42: The Prince Of Mantle

After the sun finishes setting, RWBY, JNPR, Qrow, Winter, Penny and Ironwood gather in the center of Amity Colosseum's arena. RWBY and JNPR stand lined up, with Ironwood, Winter, Mordred and Penny standing across from them and Qrow standing off to the side. The arena lights are on and pointing at the center of the stage where everyone is standing.

Ironwood: It goes without saying that this arena holds a significance to all of us. It's only fitting that we should be able to reconvene here. Now. When the world needs to be brought together more than ever. The road you traveled from our first meeting hasn't been easy.

While he talks, Ironwood begins walking along in front of RWBY and JNPR. Penny, who is holding a tablet-sized Scroll, excitedly bounces up and down next to Winter, who places a hand on Penny's shoulder to hold her still.

Ironwood: You fought for your school and your friends at Beacon. You fought for the world and the innocent at Haven Academy and beyond. You faced down terrors people can't even fathom. That's not the behavior of students. It's the behavior... of Huntsmen and Huntresses.

He looks over at Penny, who happily begins humming and walking past JNPR and RWBY, stopping in front of each person to tap on her Scroll. With each tap, her Scroll emits a beep and someone else's Scroll buzzes. Jaune Scroll is the first to buzz, and he removes it from his pocket and opens it, checking the screen. It displays his student license, which displays a photograph of him in his new outfit with his emblem in the top left corner and a barcode below the photo. The Vale symbol is in the background behind the license information. The screen blinks, and the license suddenly changes. The Kingdom of Atlas symbol is now in the background behind the information. The new license says:

HUNTSMAN LICENSE Atlas
Name: Arc, Jaune
LN: 63700 - 89061- 45795
Place of Issue: Atlas
Authority: Atlas Academy
Restrictions: Class C

HUNTSMAN LICENSE AtlasName: Arc, JauneLN: 63700 - 89061- 45795Place of Issue: AtlasAuthority: Atlas AcademyRestrictions: Class C

Jaune: Oh my.

Everyone else checks their Scrolls as Penny continues tapping hers.

Winter: You are being granted your Huntsman licenses, today.

Penny finishes using her Scroll to grant everyone their licenses and walks away with a big grin. Her Scroll displays the Atlas Huntsman License Registry.

Ironwood: I know this is coming a little ahead of schedule, but brothers know you deserve it. I only regret that I couldn't do something a little more ceremonious for the occasion.

Ruby stares in awe at her license.

Ruby: I- No, We... we're honored, General Ironwood. But you really don't have to do th-

Ironwood: Please. With the threat of Salem still out there and tensions rising in our Kingdom, I certainly could use more trustworthy fighters by my side.

As Ironwood walks away from them, Team RWBY look at each other. Yang and Weiss' faint smiles fade, and Blake's cat ears droop.

Ironwood: I should be so lucky to have all of you.