Chapter 75: The Lady Of The Lake

(((Announcement! Follow "drunken_crow_official" on Instagram for random updates about any future story concerning this tale or my other projects! If you have ANY questions or are confused about any aspect of the story, or even if you want to make a suggestion you want to see be put in the story before the story comes to its final tale, leave a message there! I'm here to assist you to the best of my abilities, and your input is valuable as it helps me improve! ENJOY!))) 🌟

Despite Salem being gone, the nerve of humanity was not one of happiness or celebration. Instead, an unknown fear washed over them as they beheld a beautiful, pale lady standing amidst the scene. Team RWBY and Jaune's team were confused about her identity, but Jaune, alongside Gilgamesh and the Knights of the Round Table, was visibly shaken and highly confused.

 Team RWBY and Jaune's team were confused about her identity, but Jaune, alongside Gilgamesh and the Knights of the Round Table, was visibly shaken and highly confused

Morgan made her way towards the Grimm, passing deep holes left by the war. Team RWBYRN tried to get a good look at the woman, but her presence seemed elusive, as if she were a dark figure teleporting closer and closer. They gripped their weapons, ready to face the lady who had effortlessly defeated the immortal being, Salem. However, Morgan remained unfazed by their caution and wariness; her focus was solely on Jaune.

Standing approximately 50 meters away from the group, Morgan addressed Jaune directly.

Morgan: Nothing to say to my arrival, Husband?

The silence was so profound that the beating of every human heart in Atlas could be heard. Jaune observed her intently, trying to assess her, while Gilgamesh glared at Morgan, and the Knights looked visibly shocked. Morgan seemed to relish the effect her appearance had on them. She had waited a long time for this moment, and now, finally, she could enter this mortal realm forever.

Morgan: The beings that guarded this place from beings like myself seem to slack off~ My husband's mana, along with the Queen of Uruk's mana, seems to scare off any and all intruders...

She playfully brought her pale, slender finger to her white cheek, as though poking fun at the situation. Her cheeky grin was matched only by the confusion and shock in Jaune's eyes, which she seemed to find amusing.

Morgan: How cute~ If you keep staring at me like that, it might make me blush.

Though she spoke with a small blush, the amusement in her expression made it clear she enjoyed the attention, but only from Jaune.

Team RWBYRN observed the expressions of the powerful people before them, who had accomplished feats even the strongest Huntsmen could only dream of, but now, they seemed hesitant. They couldn't understand why they would be nervous in the presence of this single woman. These were individuals who hadn't flinched in the face of Salem, yet Morgan seemed to have a unique effect on them. Who was she, and how strong could she be?

Jaune, after a moment of silence, stepped forward, but Mordred gripped his arm, holding him back. Jaune turned to her, noticing her nervousness and conflict.