Chapter 7: Clashes Begin *Rewrote*

As two weeks have passed since the incident at the docks, exchange students have been arriving at Beacon for the Vytal Festival. Currently, in the cafeteria, Team RWBY and JNPR are sitting together as Blake looks over some notes. Yang slides up next to her partner.

Yang: Whatcha doing?

Blake closes the book.

Blake: Nothing much, just going over notes from last semester.

Yang catches a grape in her mouth.

Yang: Boring.

Nora giggles as she playfully tosses grapes at Yang with her spoon. Yang catches the fruit with ease, giving Nora a thumbs up. Ruby, with a sudden heave, slams a binder onto the table, surprising everyone. The binder's cover reads "Vytal Festival Activities, Property of Weiss Schnee," but it has been hastily crossed out with a red marker pen. Underneath, a new title, "Best Day Ever Activities," is written in the same pen.

Ruby clears her throat and looks at everyone.

Ruby: Sisters... friends... Weiss.

Weiss: Hey!

Ruby: Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream.

Yang: This ought to be good.

Ruby: A dream that one day, the four of us will come together as a team and have the most fun anyone has ever had... ever!

Weiss: Did you steal my binder?

Ruby makes a peace sign with both hands.

Ruby: I am not a crook.

Blake: What are you talking about?

Ruby: I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!

Yang: I always kick my semesters off with a Yang! Eh? Guys? Am I right?

An apple is tossed at Yang and hits her in the face. She glares at Nora.

Nora: Boooooooooooooooo!

Jaune: Bad pun, but let's hear Ruby out.

Ruby: Thank you, Jaune. Okay, look guys, it's been a good two weeks, and with more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But classes start back up tomorrow. That's why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today.

Weiss: I don't know whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store.

Yang, still glaring, picks up an apple and tosses it across the room. An unfamiliar voice shouts "Hey!" and Nora can be heard giggling.

Blake: I don't know. I think I might sit this one out.

Weiss: Sit out or not, I think that however we spend this last day, we should do it as a team!

Nora: I got it!

Weiss: I, for one, think that... -

Weiss is interrupted by a pie landing on her face.

Nora is shown to be the one who threw the pie. She sits down and points at Ren, who has his head in his palm. Pyrrha covers her mouth, and Jaune simply sighs.

Jaune: Great...

Moments later...

Many students are shown stampeding out the door past Sun and a blue-haired man, the latter looking quite worried.

Nora: Ahahahaha!

Team JNPR is shown standing atop a tower of tables stacked haphazardly.

Nora: I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!