"Love you, you think he loves you." She giggled. "You must have tried really hard to make him love you, Anika and Kartavya being a good person he is, made you believe he loves you back because he has always been like that taking on charity cases upon himself." As her hurtful words pierced through me, anger surged like molten lava through my veins. 

"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika, but he will never love you. Because he gave his heart to me many years ago." I could feel the hatred in her burning through my skin. My jaw clenched as my hand trembled with the intensity with which I'm fisting them. I never let her words get to me but for the first time I felt something in my chest squeeze painful. But I will never give her the satisfaction of seeing me vulnerable.

Taking a deep calming breath, I spoke. "I don't have to try and make him love me, Mahira. He already loves me with all his heart and soul." I smiled, looking at her irritated expression. As I was about to tell her to fuck off, my phone pinged in my pocket. I reached for it to see, it's a text from Avy.

Avy: I'm outside of the cafe where you and your friends are.

A smile grazed my lips, my pounding heart calming a little. I looked up at her. "You what Mahira, I don't have time to waste with you. My husband is waiting for me outside. Now if you will excuse me I have to go to my husband." I was about to move past her when her hysteric laughter stopped me. What! Is she losing her mind or what from all the delusional thoughts she keeps having. I frowned and turned to face her.

"Oh you innocent innocent girl. Now I truly feel sorry for Anika. You believed him when he said he loves you huh?" She smirked. Can I slap this bitch. I scowled at her. "Let me tell you a secret." She leaned closer to me, her mouth next to my ear and whispered. "If he really loves you as you say, why was he at my place for the past three days?" I stiffened in my place. She moved back and looked at my face. "Poor little wife, didn't know where her husband has been these past few days now, does she?" She mocked. I gulped and looked at her with confusion in my eyes.

"What was it that he was saying? 'I know, I'm sorry Anika, but I have to work late again. This is more complicated than I thought'." My eyes widened. That was what he has been telling me for the past three days. How does she know?

Anika, you silly girl she told you just now that he was with her. A voice in the back of my mind said.

My brain stopped functioning. My heart was beating at an unusual speed. Everything around me seemed like white noise. What is happening? He lied to me. He lied to me for the first time, is it even the first time. He lied about where he was, what he was doing?

"He came to me because he was sick of coming home to you. He was complaining so much about you that I truly felt sorry for him for living in a loveless marriage. I hope now you got the reality check and saw things for what they are. He doesn't want you." She laughed, patted my shoulder and walked out of the powder room. 

My vision blackened at the corners, I suddenly felt nauseous. I covered my mouth and reached the sink just in time. I heaved and threw up. Bile raised in my throat making me throw up again as tears streamed down my face. My chest squeezed painful, it hurt so bad that it felt like I can't breath. My phone on the counter kept buzzing.

 I slowly cleaned myself up and leaned on the counter, I raised my head and looked at myself in the mirror. Even as I cleaned my face the tears kept falling. My whole face was drained of all its blood and looked pale. I felt like all my energy had been drained by just one conversation.

He was with her.

He spent three nights with her.

What was he doing with her? I was startled by the knock on the door.