Thoughts

(So the Y/N story has been unpublished because I had troubles in my life and that story requires a strict scheduled, it was called Solivagant, a similar naming theme as Kenopsia, aka taking an odd word with a neat meaning as the title.... That book is NOT forgotten, just on unpublished Hiatus, you can go check my profile from time to time if needed but I will warn you when I re-publish it.... Oh and yeah, I somewhat worked out the cause of the husk apocalypse and I will reveal it but it will sadly take a while.... I need to bring a character back for that to be revealed lol.)

"You should have never shown him this."

I needed to agree with Lucy, ever since I had found Cody a pair of ancient gauntlets and breastplate that fit him with also a helmet, he was parading himself around and keeping up with the sir Cody name... He even found himself a sword and was dumbly swinging it around.... The only way I got him to stuff was threatening to blow holes into his stuff with my riffle.

"I already regret it." I agreed. "But at least he looks happy."

"True." She muttered despite the slight worry about having him hold a sword... Practice makes perfect? I hope he will soon make perfect if he wants to be the one to always look out for our safety, he better take this seriously.

We were both basically sitting around the fire pit without doing anything while Cody was a bit further away with childish glee of finally being a knight despite the end of the world and Adar furiously reading some recipe book, finally working out how to make the simplest of bread. 

Just water and wheat, He even went down to the ocean side and took a bucket of water and boiled it over the fire in place of the improvised cauldron that was not one, being left with only metal with white crystal stuff on it.... He made his own salt.

Lucy and I honestly just sat watching him painstakingly grind the wheat seeds and pick out the hard shells, flicking them in the fire, until all he had left was something that really looked like flour and he was currently fighting with the stickiness of this dough.

"Is it a bad moment to tell you we can actually find flour around?" I said, sure I also wanted to do this but actually, I did know there were still flour that could be found... Or at least a little, most were in paper bags but I had seen some in plastic. Adar just flipped me off.

"At least to make your own natural yeast it will be easy." Lucy said. "All you need is flour and water, along with time and attention. Yeasts and bacteria in your kitchen and on the grains seek out the sugar naturally present in the flour, and the amalgamation begins so.... Put a bit aside and make a yeast farm... So the bread is not bleh." Making a gesture of the dough going everywhere when she said 'bleh'.

I looked up at the sky while Adar just put the dough as it was in another pot and put it on the ledge of the fire, turning it every now and then.

Sunset, it always seemed to be sunset, sunrise and midday... Days so fast and so slow... I wish you'd just come back Jasmine.

I wonder what stories you'll have.

You can be gone for months, years, but I will always believe you'll be back.

"Guys this is great!" Cody said, still in awe at his upgrade, sitting next to us.

"Get used to it, it will be hot in the summer and your body will need to get used to carry a few additional kilos because one of these days you might fight a husk that is not a type A or B and that armor might be your downfall if you are not ready." I warned him, he rolled his eyes but he still nodded at my words, the sword laid across his knees.

"Oh please I'll be strong." He promised with a flex of his arms, Lucy fake gagging.... For some reason it made me happy.

"Also, be sure to clean and take care of this stuff, it is already old compared to our modern, before the Great Silence, times. So if it breaks or rusts you either need to find another fitting one or somehow fix it."

"Yes yes teacher I know." He grumbled, I just nudged his foot with mine before looking back into the fire.

The many ideas and plans still swirling in my heads but now that we were spending some time together more often at the end of the day, it was almost relaxing, despite being outside of the brick walls of my home.

The more of the planned walls we build up in and around the town, the safer it will feel like.

And for once.

I was wondering about other humans.

How many were still out there. How many might run into us despite the spray paint warnings.

Also wondering about how those meetings would go.

Peaceful or hostile.

And for once in quite some time, because of all those.... Because of Jasmine, Cody, Lucy and Adar, because of them I wondered even now if it would be good to open our home to them.

I opened the old map.

The 'Mushroom reserve' still written on it even if I had moved them back under the bridge, now the wooden crate barely anything and the mushrooms resting at the bottom of the shopping cart, sometimes a piece of wood thrown in there to feed them or...

The 'Mushroom reserve' still written on it even if I had moved them back under the bridge, now the wooden crate barely anything and the mushrooms resting at the bottom of the shopping cart, sometimes a piece of wood thrown in there to feed them or the rest of fish and rats.... I might actually put it back into the restaurant.... But I'll think it over.

The School, the furniture store and the book store, along with the food reserve, being the only buildings used.

And here I was thinking if the others could be used to have others stay in them.

Oh you four.... I despite you all for making me think humanity might be worth fighting for.