-Mushrooms and concrete-

While I was comparing concrete mixes, trying to guess which would set better and hold while reading the back of the containers I was distracted by something

"Weren't there wooden crates here once?" I asked myself, in the half closed shutter store right across the bridge, swinging the flashlight around.

There had been but the little writing telling which produce it was simply said mushrooms.

"Crafty little fuckers." I said, plucking a bigger mushroom out of the compositing remains of the other foods, having grown out of where we humans put them in and spread (my cat wrote this climbing over my lap ->) lppppppppppppppppppp0o (Not getting rid of it) around the mush and grew.

I am no mushroom expert but if it was in a store it is edible....I am still not risking it, I'll boil or cook it first, many mushrooms are edible but only when cooked, causing indigestion when raw and I don't know how those look.

I took a deep breath and heaved the rotting wooden crate out of the holding place, carrying it to a shopping cart and put it in it, it barely fit, and rolled it out.

I was getting annoyed with all the twisty turns I needed to take on this bridge around the cars, no one has used them no? I am sure the keys must be near, driving forwards or backwards can't be that hard to free up a straight line.

I waved at the grave-marks and went ahead.

I didn't try to get the rotten box over the wall for now, leaving the cart pushed up against the outside bin, I should get in under the overpass of the bridge actually, humid without touching water or rain washing it constantly plus I can get compost or whatever mushrooms eat piled there so it doesn't stink up my living space more then I must, nothing smells clean anymore nor does it bother me, I am used to it.

With a sigh I swung my hand down at my waist and pulled the gun out as I turned back and pulled the trigger, the loud brute, type C, falling over, it has been a while since I've last seen your type around...

I sighed and kneeled, fishing my lighter out and setting it on fire.

I watched the corpse burn before walking away, going back to deal with my cement mixes.

So now, here I was after my mushroom endeavor, back to reading my cement mixes and to start I chose those in plastic containers, there were less in them then in the fabric bags but it will be easier to mix water in it.

I will cover the legs of the fencing and the ground so it is fixed in place when it dries and then do the fabric bags, I can just pile them up and let them dry and they will harden and create a wall with heft not even husks can move.

I was using a bucket to carry water to my work place and a wooden spoon to mix the concrete with thick leather gloves on my hands as I was using my hands to scoop the concrete in the places I wanted safely.

It was much faster done then getting the fencing in place tho those gloves are now part of the grounding since at the end they were starting to grow solid and I left them in the concrete mix I poured over them.

I washed out as much of the buckets I could so I had more for water and threw them over the School's walls.

I think I'll start with the fencing behind school and that building.

It was.... So.... Heavy....

I could only carry one bag at time so I was exhausted by the time I enough to create one singly layer of the bags on each side for the first weights.

"Am I way over my head?" I asked as I poured the bucket of water out over the bags and went get more from the river. "No, I need a goal, I need to make my immediate living area safe."

I could use the two layered cart from the restaurant? That helped me carry my father's body yes but it would now help me carry two bags instead of one and pushing something on wheels is easier then carrying it.

As I crossed the bridge again I turned my gaze to the towering hospital in the distance, it was near to my old apartment and went there for a broken leg so I know the lay out of it loosely but I never wanted to risk exploring it, even that small hospital I went to took quite some convincing.

But then again my vitamin and medicine supplies have always been low... And there have books there.... God, I will need to go in there won't I?

I rubbed my hands down my face.

I jerked back, avoiding a hand with three fingers reaching for my face, missing two bitten off.

I swung a kick into the husk's knees and they buckled, I grabbed its shoulder and shoved it through the gap in the bridges railing before grabbing its belt and shoving through more, watching it fall in the river.

I covered my face, I've gotten so used to their noises that my ears ignore the groaning and moaning sounds they make.

"I am becoming a danger to myself, this is not good... I need to be vigilant.... More then before." I muttered, turning back to my task at hand.