-New Town-

(This might be a shorter chapter, I will be going back through the 26 chapters with this included in that number to fix my spelling and writing mistakes while also taking out most of the eye, hair or really detailed descriptions of our Andie here since as I once said in a previous chapter I like the idea that it almost a Y/N case without being it, the paradoxical MC that is not you but also what you see her as.)

I walked around a little but I hunkered down for the night in a car I saw had an open front seat, I crawled to the backseats and slept across them.

Next morning I could feel the anger of my father from here for leaving nothing but a 'ight imma head out' with a crude drawing of the Spongebob meme that came with it since internet was a thing.

"Hmmm.... I don't miss it as much but I didn't get time to think about it a lot either." I shrugged.

I opened a hair saloon and stepped in.

I pulled off my beanie and pulled on my long hair.... I mean why not, after killing the hair stylist husk.

"No one is holding me back, no deadline or person." I picked up an electric razor and prayed a second before clicking 'on' and the battery was alive, buzzing loudly in this silent world.

I was a bit hesitant, last time I cut my hair myself was when I was four because 'fuck it' reasons.

Mom was the one so shocked and dad loved it if the story he tells is true.

"You have a weird way of showing love old man." I said, choosing against giving myself the cut, either people back home could help me.... I heard of the gore stories of hair cutting accidents ending in blood and pain.

I looked around their work stuff and put a few things away.

I took a box of hair dye and chucked it in my bag.

"How amusing.... At first it was purely for survival, now it is for leisure, who needs hair dye in the Great Silence? Meh! Oh Andie you'll have beautiful hair." I laughed at myself. "Stick and pokes can still be done and can actually look really well made if done right.... Neeeeaaaat." I grinned.

I did do a small tour of the stores tho, this made me realize how odd it truly was that a few food items would be good to eat for the next two years, I lived one year here and this pasta, this bitch, has forgotten to biodegrade. 

I sighed at the thought of all the things I would never eat again, munching on what was one chocolate and was now something bland in the shape of chocolate. I would eat simple things that could taste good but ice-creams, bananas, pineapples, shrimps.... Anything that can't be found in a near vicinity of my town or those near it like this one.

"I'll look for a plant store." Those tend to have already quite grown plants and trees maybe some could help with food as they have fruit and I had done it with those in my own town for my roof.

I groaned from all the walking around with an increasingly heavy bag, I mindlessly swung at a husk.

I did my little gearing up, goggles, mask, gloves, and crouched down near it.

"Another not bitten one." I said, moving clothing pieces.

Most of the husks were like this one, little to none were ones bitten so that leaves me to wonder, what liquid did everyone drink that I didn't to get infected or was it air-born to start with and in that case how are there any survivors? These two questions I knew would remain forever unanswered since there was no answers and I am not some zombie movie protagonist that figures everything out.... I can look down a microscope and say if yes or no that is a red blood cell, white blood cell, a protein, a fucking virus.... Buuuut not much more on such small level.

I poked the back of its head, completely caved in.

"Hmm." I stayed crouching on my tiptoes and looked at my arms as I flexed them, I can't tell if I gained muscle or the last few killed husks were frail.... I'll go with muscles, I do have to carry a lot of things daily and lift my own weight over the wall.... Nice.

I stood up, discarding the gloves and mask, pulling the goggles down around my neck and walked away.

I sat down in a library for the rest of the day and read, I am a fast reader, a book on chess strategies, I should find a chessboard or games, boredom kills the mind and will led us to take risks for a bit of enjoyment.

I curled up to sleep in the back of the library under the beanbag chair, much warmer this way, the floor is carpet too.