-Shown Around-

(I was just sick of my update schedule that's why I didn't last weekend. :P. But this week chapter is more a set up to get Cody more integrated.)

I fed Whiskers while petting him.

"You could have told me Jasmine left." I pointed at the cat who ate the food carelessly, as if he could have done anything anyway.

The School was much more silent without her bothering me, without anyone to talk too, I hate how I got used to not being alone anymore, you are always alone in this world.

I sighed, rubbing my face, I've got things to do today.

"This is so weird, almost seems like the safest place ay?" Cody casually asked, I had been showing him around so he got accustom to the town he'll be staying around.

And yet he loved walking ahead and do what he wanted, I still followed him and explained but dude, calm your ego I will not get in a fight with you anymore... And you keep trying, you won't win this game.

I was also doing this to distract myself, I know Jasmine, she is a biiiiiiit too much like me, I also did this to my father when he was around, skipping town and leaving to do my thing... I guess karma is a bitch. She is also capable of surviving tho I still worry, I hope her little excursion will not be too long.

"If you say so." I said, looking at the graves he was parading through.

"These are dead and for sure will not come back, what do you call them again?"

"Husks."

"Yeah husks, these husks are gone forever."

"Yeah I guess?" I said, looking at the headstones and stone burial sites. "Honestly, I am more thinking about how we could transport these stone pieces to use for our own homes since they serve no purpose anymore."

"I suppose Richard could help keep us safe." He patted the grave with that name.

"We've built a wall of metal fencing around the area, we have truck fulls of concrete mix still scattered in the different hobbies stores, malls and shops, even maybe in backyard sheds, fencing is what it more limited, there is a good number of them still in front of the stadium as you saw, we can find them around but after a while it will be corrugated metal sheets or stone plaques to create more walls, I am sure one of these days these tombstones will be used for it so yeah, Richard will once keep us safe."

"Damn, you work a lot."

"We can always do more to survive just a bit longer, we cannot stop plus there is things we all do. With winter being over Adar will be taking care of anything we are trying to grow and Lucy taking care of chickens, those are small things but needed in the future plus the supplies to gather is constantly needed as things will start to break and be unusable."

"And what will my work be?" He leaned against a grave.

"I wouldn't know, we all basically chose, I've been doing all before they arrived, choose something you are good at and become the main doing it."

"Husk killer?"

I threw out my arms.

"If that's what you do be the best."

"Wait really?" He rose a brow.

"Really." I nodded. "Wow."

"Jesus I am not a monster." I said. "And come on , we have more places to visit."

"Right right I am coming."

I showed him around the place, having given him a map to fill out however he wanted it and what he saw as more important way back in the soccer field.

"And this is the place a husk bird wanted to have my head." I said, miming as if my head was cut off.

"Oh Jesus zombie birds."

"As long as we burn all bodies we don't risk creating them ourselves, more can fly in but it will not be us making them, Lucy and Adar stupidly met husk dogs in a hospital and they were chased by a husk bear."

"Oh Jesus." He said again.

"That's also why we are making walls, to protect against these animals that would make the mistake to be infected."

"Got it. Jesus I don't want to be chased by those shits" Trust me, I don't either.

"Lets just go on."

I was still mostly worried about Jasmine despite it all.

I hope you'll be back soon.