-Coffee Shop-

"You should think of yourself before helping others!" My dad shouted, lagging behind as he was the strong one between the two and the only one strong enough to carry the woman along.

I knew we would not make it back to school.

"Shut up! My town my rules and you will follow them or I swear to god I will leave you to be eaten by husks!" I pointed my bat at him making him stop but I pointed it to the side. "Inside there!"

It was a small coffee shop we got in.

"Set her down on a couch and help her I'll hold the husks off."

"The hell you will!"

"Dad I did this for over a year!"

"I am your father and I say no!"

"You can't start now she needs your help!"

"You should help you learnt in school!"

"No I didn't! And not even in sex-ed was a time I got taught the end of pregnancy in detail, you were there when I was born weren't you? Unless that was another lie you told, you know how this works, you seen this, you can help."

"And--" "DO AS I SAY!!!" I screamed. "I didn't survive this long listening to others telling me what to do so you stay and let me do what I know how! God!"

I stepped outside and slammed the door, hearing a scream pierce through it.

"Let them come!" I held the bat. "I will not falter."

"Sixty-seven." I bashed another skull in, slowly making a wall of corpses as I could not move away, they would follow the screams and the door opens inwards.

"Sixty-eight!" I kicked the knees of one out and stomped through the back of its skull, finishing this little hoard, their blood splattered on my clothes and skin, even on my goggles and mask that were protecting me.

I felt something grab my ankle and kicked it.

"Sixty-nine!" I breathed out as the sniffer, type-D's frail bones easily broke under a kick as it tried crawling over after having its knees broken. "Heh... Nice."

I sighed and leaned against the wall, panting.

It was a constant fight of shoving and hitting, avoiding bites and scratches while keeping the door secured.

I sighed and grabbed the legs off a corpse, pulling it away, clearing the area around the door in around half an hour so we had an exit.

When I finished doing that I noticed that the Great Silence was back.

I approached the door and opened it.

Stepping in and rounding a corner.

"Is she...." I looked at the woman with closed eyes and not moving.

"She's alive, the kiddo too." I looked at my dad who was currently holding a dirty baby but since he is alive and not hurrying to clean it off I guess he doesn't see this white stuff as dangerous for it, baby also sleeping.

"God.... I didn't want to add and eighth and ninth death to my list."

"List?"

"Yeah a list of people I met and died because of a choice of mine, directly because of me or just met them before they died."

"Good to know." I stepped back as he got closer wanting to hug me which was weird.

"Don't." I help an arm up. "Any liquid from a husk is infectious if it ends up in  a wound, bite or simply rubbed in your eyes, I am covered in their blood, I can't come near any of you."

I sat in a chair far from them as my father sat in another, I was sitting backwards in the chair, my arms crossed on the back of it and head resting on them.

"So..." I broke the silence. "Why did you come here?"

"You think I'd leave you if I lived?" I shrugged, our relationship was not the best.

"I thought you'd survive where you were not walk from a country to the other for me."

"As if." He had a lumberjack build, strong muscles in the arms, thick brown beard with short hair, a red and back shirt, black pants and thick boots, his hair was short.... He had his hair cut.

"Did you travel with someone?"

"Ay, for a while but I went my own way, not wanting to follow them into the hideaway since I didn't have you."

"Well I stayed here and made myself a home, I am good here I am not leaving." I didn't know why I couldn't tell him it was also because of him that I stayed, it felt awkward to me.

"Well you survived so I guess you did.... Just what happened to you?" That second part was said much softer, like he truly cared, growing up I noticed it was more through action then words but it didn't stop our fights.

"I tiring year" I sighed. "A very, very.... Very tiring year."

"I can see it."

And silence was back, I sighed through my nose this time.

And I couldn't help but doubt.

Doubt their survival, no one ever lived long around me.

Please let them live.

I don't want to be alone.