SIXTY SIX

"We always seemed to end up in Black, is it your favorite color Joshua?" In his arms with some random glass of wine Joshua had ordered for her, she couldn't help but pop the question after noticing that they were the only couple in black. There were couples dressed in pink, blue, white, and even red, but they wore black as if they were going to an overly extravagant funeral.

"No, it's purple." The color of elegance, and wealth depends on what era of time you were looking at. It was quite the color that was out there that she hadn't really thought he would like, but he supplied the answer without a fight or even a slight hint of embarrassment. "Beautiful color, isn't it?" That silk purple Chiffon dress some woman wore was certainly something, but it was a known fact of it looking even better on the fair skin of Alice.

"Yes," She grinned, "than those panties I wore must've truly looked ravishing on me than?" Those purple pair she left in his car that Bella later discovered.

"Very, but you knew better than to leave your shit everywhere." He cleaned his car after the two humans were out, he found all sorts of things that belonged to the vampire and while annoyed didn't really bother him like he had imagined it would if she would've done this much earlier in their relationship.

"You're not mad." While together they were swaying on the balcony of the restaurant, a few other couples swaying to the classical music playing low in the background as mostly everyone chatted with whoever they were intertwined with. "This is the first complaint I've heard, and it's been months since then." Does she dare say a year?

"I don't complain." He wasn't in the mood to eat, nevertheless dance, but Alice seemed to be enjoying it for she huddled closer to her personal source of heat. She had described in vivid words about how new this entire temperature thing was for her and while he didn't know how it felt to be stripped from basic feelings such as temperature, he still made sure to have her wrapped tight in whatever he had on him for the cold was never really a problem for him. "Though I suspect you wish I did."

"Emmett complains a lot." She chuckled, "he complains about Rosalie leaving her lipsticks, clothing, and even tools around. Rosalie also complains about him playing games far too much instead of spending time with her when we have nothing going on to worry about." She imagined she would have that also, but Joshua was very tolerant of a lot of things, including the destruction of his home when she was on her blanket spree after discovering the comforting warmth they provided.

"You wish for me to complain over such nonsense? I just put it away whenever it's in my way."

"You shouldn't have too though. Don't you wish I'll clean up after myself? You yourself complain about messes often than not." She wasn't that sad though, she too picked up after Joshua. She stacked his papers, refilled his fridge, and even pulled weeds in the garden when he was far too busy to do it himself. She didn't mind, but she thought the complaining was what made them interact more.

"You don't want that. I'm sure Rosalie and Emmett don't quite like complaining to each other about simple things such as forgetting to spend time with another or leaving things that could be easily put away." This was some form of complaining on her end and it was utter nonsense that someone would complain about not getting nagged for the smallest of things.

"But it always led to hot sex?"

"Does it? Little freak." they all had excellent hearing, but it wouldn't take a monkey telling a person with that enhanced hearing that they might want to find somewhere else to exist when others are fucking.

"I just want the hot sex-"

"And you can have it without all that bitching." Like now complaining was nothing short of a turn off for him, and he was starting to think that two vampires she was talking about were arguing and not complaining. Arguing might lead to something like that, but he couldn't see it happening within any other situation.