TWENTY THREE

Call him whatever you wanted, but he enjoyed the attention a little bit. The little handmade lunches the vampire made were surprisingly good and left a good feeling in his heart, along with cutting the costs or time it took to make or buy it himself. Don't get him wrong, he wouldn't dare to admit it, and he would always show his displeasure at the sight of her appearing in his class far earlier than she was supposed to, but he hoped she didn't stop. He had a record of accomplishment of being taken care of for most of his life, but at the end of the day he was still a man that held onto values, and even a few new ones...which was why he was allowing the girl to have 'lunch' in his room. She sat in front of him, watching him, gawking as he ate whatever she had made that day.

"I saw something yesterday." She grinned, "saw something amazing and you're the only person that can confirm it for me." She had this dazed look like she was so excited, and he figured it had something to do with the messy headed brood that tried his damn hardest to peek inside his head.

"Did you know? What makes you think I have the answers to everything?" But shame him for being curious, it was getting a bit boring around here after the hype of his appearance finally dialed down to a certain extent.

"Because it deals with the appearance of a new student...a female student." She swooned, "Edward's mate." After Thanksgiving, it would soon be Christmas, then in January another stank nosed brunette would appear in the school.

"Joy." He had seen another name pop up in his class. His first class, not his last considering it was filled to the brim. He figured she was the daughter of the majestic Chief Swan, and if she was mated to him, she had to be just as bad or worse when digging around in places people shouldn't.

"Oh, don't be like that! True love is an amazing thing that very few people in this world can obtain." She could see it now the sparkly, pale skin of Joshua pressed up against hers as they relaxed in a field somewhere. It was simply romantic, or at least she thought so, and the thought of staring into his golden eyes also gained a slight shutter. She would miss his brown eyes, but that gold...she'll love it even more.

"Very few, and even than some people ignore it for the sake of fake love." One would say he had fallen in love before and technically they would be right. Anybody he had married in history; he had stayed faithful until their death. There were few, even fewer that he would acknowledge, but it was still something. He never loved them though, he didn't know how to love anyone that wasn't his family, but he did stick around to see it play out until the end. He was naturally curious about the lives of humans, and what better way to learn about them than living with them.

"Wouldn't you say it was still love though? Even if its fake, wouldn't it still be real in its own way." Her hand gently rested upon his shoulder, she was a bit more careful than usual considering she was painting her fingernails green now, "haven't you ever experienced love? A crush?"

"I wouldn't say I have." A crush wasn't something he had time for. He had always been a busy body, even if he was just playing around with the mortals that littered this earth, "Admiration would be the word for me."

"Boring." She sounded a bit bothered by it, but who was he to ask her what was wrong with what he said? It was more than likely true, and if she was expecting to get some information about his past lovers, he would say he didn't have any-or any that he cared to remember.

"So-so," He shrugged, "though do tell me about this girl that Edward would be swooning soon, I'm curious about the brood." And even though the Cullen's make it a regular thing to appear at this house every Sunday for a 'meal' they had never really told them about themselves. Preferring to allow Alice to do all the talking, while they sit back and see.