SIXTY TWO

Sitting on his lap, Alice waited until he finished his book. It had been a while since everyone had left, and while she would usually follow them for a nice little hunting trip, she decided that this time around she wanted to stay with him. She rarely made the decision to skip the coven hunt just to spend time with a man she usually spent all hours with anyway. She was content just being in his presence and she wondered if he felt the same way? He never pushed her off or denied her in any way that would make her feel like he didn't feel the same, but then again, he wasn't a vampire. He might feel the need to be near her at all hours of the day, the overly active sex drive that she didn't quite have before, and the need to just touch what she now know is hers. Like now, he had one hand on her back, his thumb was rubbing small circles into her back, and his other hand flipped the pages of the random book he chose for the night. He was touching her, it was something he wasn't quite fond of before, but now he was doing it without her having to beg for it. Do it on your own free will.

"I never asked but will you stay with me?" His time here was ending, and she didn't know if she was ready to let him go if he said he wanted no part of this life. She was willing to follow this man to the ends of the earth even if he was so against it. She couldn't possibly give up her mate like Edward was so ready and willing to do.

"Do you want me to stay?" He abandoned the book, his newly available hand going to stroke the back of her neck. "What if I told you I didn't want to stay here anymore? Would you be upset? Would you try to stop me? Bite me to keep me?" He leaned down, kissing her neck as she leaned back for easier access. "Tell me now."

"I would." She shuttered, "your mine, I won't let you go so that means you have to stay." Her tongue moved to lick at her lips, "Your body, soul, blood, and love is all mine to enjoy, and you want to take that away?" Her nails dug into his shirt, pulling at it, but being careful not to stretch out or nick him. "If biting you will keep you by my side, I'll do it."

"You won't." Amused, he kissed her on the lips. "My baby thinks that I'll stay even if she bites me? You're a dumb girl if you think a little bite from these fangs could stop me from doing what I want." He even made a point by running his tongue over them. The wet muscle allows for the sharp bone to draw blood and leak into his mouth. "I can't be what you are, it's impossible, but I don't mind pretending if it'll settle you." Her tongue moved to lick at the blood, another shutter running through her at the richness of the liquid. It drove her mad to think that she could just have it at any moment, and he would probably never deny it to her.

"You'll pretend to love me?"

"I'll pretend to be trapped with you. Pretend that I'm all upset that I'm stuck with such a little dick sucking vampire." His hands moved from her back to her breast, fondling them through the loose shirt she chooses to wear for the night, "do you think I don't love you though?" His blood coated tongue had long since healed up, the liquid no longer flowing down the throat of the whiny woman below him. She rocked forward, fixing her posture, and dropping herself down onto his thighs to ride out her high.

"You never tell me you do; I always make sure to tell you how much I like you, but you never do the same for me." Even now, with the two of them playing around with each other's tongues, he had yet to say those three little words to her. "Tell me you love me." He had never said it, never said anything close to it.

"Actions speak louder than words, you'll rather I tell you empty words than just show you how I feel?" He held her hips tight, taking a hand and trailing it down her chest down to her panties. "Do I have to tell you who you belong to all the time, or do I just know already? I know you're not going anywhere; I know you're going to follow me, and I know that even if I don't say it, you'll still hump my leg with the same amount of enthusiasm as the earlier times." He chewed on her skin, a breath of surprise leaving her mouth when she felt a pinch from where he bit. The skin of a Cold One was like marble, it was cold and hard to touch, and things such as teeth penetrating the skin were impossible to think about. He couldn't have bit her...but the pain was so real and mind numbing.