FIVE

Tannie's tail flicked, eyes curiously watching the new face of a young girl wander around his new home. Very stupid this being was to wander right into the den of a lion, if the 'owner' was to ever return only the worst would surely happen to the girl who seemed far too excited to sniff at different objects that seemed to catch her eyes. The towel Joshua had used to wash his face, the blanket he had used when the two of them relaxed by the fireplace last night, and if she pulled out a shirt from yesterday out the hamper, then that was her business, and the cat would mind his.

"Smells so nice in here." Alice giddily ran around taking in everything, the almost bare house having its own charm as she noticed the unpacked backs laying around on the floor. Obviously, this person hadn't finished moving in completely, should she be concerned that this section of the woods was cut off now that there was someone living here, or should she be relieved that the person staying here smelt divine? She really wasn't focused on that, she'll inform her family later, but right now...she was going to enjoy herself, playing with the pretty kitty that acted far more stuck up than she had ever come across, and sniffing the clothes that left her feeling higher than any drug could possibly make her.

She took a deep breath, a soft purr leaving her lips as she went ahead to lay out on the floor and snuggled up into the blanket like the very same feline sometimes does, when their master wasn't too concerned about the mess. She was honestly living the dream, and the fact that it wasn't far from her family home made it even better, if she were to ever live with her mate, than something like this was necessary. When her family would split from some time alone, this place would be nice to come and relax without being too far from their meals. How jealous she was that this person snatched this house before they did.

"Kitty join me," She patted a space, the cat smelling just as nice, and she assumed it was because the owner had rubbed on them before they left, the scent a bit lighter considering the cat had probably been licking themselves and exploring the outside.

The cat wasn't going to move though, preferring to just sit on the windowsill where it had perfect view of the driveway, hoping their master would return home and deal with the nuisance that brought noise, and a stench they couldn't get behind. They weren't going to cuddle with the girl anytime soon.

"You really don't like me do you." Alice only smiled, many animals tended to run when they noticed her, the predatory aura radiating too strong for her to get an animal to like her. It was fine, maybe one day an animal would willingly walk up to her and cuddle.

While she thought about that, another thing was being pushed into the forefront of her mind, school. She was ready for school tomorrow, that itch she'd been feeling becoming too strong to ignore, and the more waiting she did, the worse it got. She was going to love this school year, she just knew it, but was she going to find her mate so early in the year? She had only seen glimpses of him, and what if he really was in a relationship like she had seen in her vision? What would she do then? It seemed almost evil to break them up, but she'd been waiting a decade for this, an entirety for the perfect somebody to come along and sweep her off her feet like some knight in shining armor...or sparkling skin.

"Kitty, what will I do if my mate doesn't love me?" Her purring cut, a sense of dread and longing occupying what little space she had left in her head. She thought those thoughts would be long gone after thinking of every scenario possible, but they weren't, they still popped up sometimes, destroying whatever false sense of happiness lingered in her mind. Tannie stared, the cat disinterestedly watching the trees sway, they didn't care.

~~~~~~

Now he didn't plan to end up in a situation like this, and while he technically didn't mind, he wasn't too fond of the idea of staying away from home for so long. He had only filled Tannie's bowl enough for the morning, and it's a couple of hours past his usual afternoon meal. The sun is sinking below the horizon, and a full moon slowly makes its appearance as the sky gets darker every minute.