FORTY FOUR

It was rare for him to do so, but Joshua thought it would be nice to take a walk in the woods despite whatever Charlie was babbling about, if it really was an animal out here causing trouble than he had nothing to worry about, and if it was exactly who he thought it was than he was still very much safe considering the little minx was highly terrified of him to begin with. He wasn't some human that could get hurt so easily, maybe stunned, but only if they managed to catch him off guard. He also held tightly onto a Morganite, the crystal warming the inside of his palm as he rolled it between his fingers. The crystal wasn't usually light pink anymore, the energy within it draining far faster than usual since he had been using it often. It was rare for him to use so much of one item, but he needed it recently. Compassion wasn't something he understood much, and over time, slowly but surely, he had been learning how to give instead of taking like he was accustomed to. It took a bit of energy out of his brother's crystal, but he was positive the man would be happy he used it at all...he rarely used any of his items, and while he was sure it hurt his feelings, he knew he understood better than anyone that feelings weren't something he was used too nor cared for like the later.

Alice in fact had enjoyed the crystal far more than he did, her soft giggles would usually float around his home like a soothing song as she absorbed what little she could take from the warm rock. It was cute, a bit nice to hear, but the girl was obsessed over it, hugging it, holding, or even wearing it at times...he wasn't that interested in the rock like she was. He just took what he needed and tried doing the rest on his own. He wouldn't give his brother the satisfaction of using his shit to nothing just for the sake of some undead creature that was on the to die list anyway. Though neither of them was stupid. He saw Alois's crystal ball glow within his bedroom, an obvious sign that he was trying to get in contact with him like Christian was. He'll leave them both high and dry, but maybe he will chat with Christian considering he had been damn near roasting his shelf from the intense heat it's been releasing, maybe though.

He had been walking without a destination in mind, just waltzing past lakes, and following the steam that bordered La Push and Forks. He could run into the Cullen's, the Shifters, or the human drinking vampires that were running rampant without a care in the world. He'll deal with them when the time comes considering he did promise the Cullen's he would remain at home for his 'safety,' how he could do nothing but smile ignoring their concerns and reasoning on why it wasn't safe for him to leave unless it was for work. They were even determined to do his monthly shopping for him if needed. Cute.

"Found them yet." Yeontan pranced towards him, body a bit wet from what he would assume was from the moist plants surrounding them. The feline had been out for about an hour before Joshua decided to leave on his own. He pranced, brushing his wet fur up against his master's pant legs as he nodded off towards the left over the river. "I see." He lowered his hand, the crystal within it dropping into the mouth of the waiting feline. "Such a good boy." This cat was smart, it was sneaky, it was everything its master was and more so for it was connected to his soul in many ways. His heart, his conciseness, and his power all within this graceful fur ball was beyond the average house cat.

Yeontan clasped upon it, allowing Joshua to pocket his hands into his dress pants and step forward without a care in the world. The water that would usually splash upon his feet once stepping into the river pausing just enough for him to walk through without a single drop onto his expensive clothing. He would brag and say he's more attuned with his power than Christian was, but what was the need in pissing him off more than he probably already was over his ignored calls. He chuckled, Yeontan pressing behind him with the crystal locked tight in his jaw. He could've taken it back home, it wasn't like Joshua was going to use it again, but why not just follow his master for a much-needed show.

"The mutts must be slacking if the vampires made it onto their territory without a trace." Even if there were only three who could only do so much. It still felt nice to belittle over the smallest things like some arrogant king.