EIGHT

Joshua silently flipped through his papers, the wind blowing a bit, so he had to clip down everything just in case it decided to fly right out his hand while he took roll. He had chosen the right to pick this day to teach outside, while it wouldn't do anything for them but allow them some fresh air, the weather still felt nice enough not to appreciate. A shame that the sun wasn't out to match the warm weather.

"Oh, Mister Kim, did you hear about the new students?" Angela flipped through her own papers, sitting right in front of the man on a random bench underneath a chair. He merely glanced up at her, not that curious considering the only people considered to be new here would be those vampires, but maybe he would be surprised for once.

"Should I have?" This class was filled with idiots, he had marked the tenth homework page as failed, there were technically twenty people in this morning class.

"No," A bit flustered she pushed her head down a bit, embarrassment overcoming her as she realized this man wasn't her friend Jessica who loved gossip, "unless some of them are in your class."

"Maybe." It didn't take a genius to know that there were some other people here compared to yesterday. His Lexus wasn't the only luxury car in the parking lot anymore, there were two more, and he figured those belonged to the Cullen's.

"Oh, okay." Angela receded back into her spot, eyes bouncing between her papers, and Joshua's face.

"Need anything else?"

"Well, do you think you could check this writing part of the study guide for me." Keeping in mind that his class had many idiots, but only a few were willing to change that. He smiled, or at least to him it seemed more of a smile.

"Let me see it, Miss Weber." Some kids weren't going to survive this year, and he'll make sure to weed them out.

"If you have any questions, report to me, and I'll help for now." He finally paid a sliver of attention to his class, everyone bundled up together and chatting about God only knows what. They glanced at him, but only a few, mostly girls bound up to ask him 'questions' they had trouble with.

He'll count it as a win considering he didn't expect any of them to really ask for help until the last minute. He'll deny it though, watch their faces crumble as they realize that it's far too late for help, and he'll enjoy every single second of it. It's what those mongrels deserve, for wasting both their time and waiting until the last minute for something they clearly don't understand.

"Mister Kim, are you single?" A girl he couldn't remember the name of, couldn't be bothered considering she was just as annoying as the other nineteen students in this class period.

"No." He slid over her homework face down, eyes boring uncomfortable holes into the side of her head as he watched flip it over, and grimace.

"Do you do after school tutoring?" A look of false disappointment crossed her face as she slid the homework back over to him.

"No, just like you have more important things afterwards, so do I." He didn't bother taking in her offended facial expression, "I have better things to do, than help a child that only wants it when it benefits them." It's only been two days and these kids showed him that they didn't need anything until they saw their grade. The second he started handing out more of the papers, he saw the earlier kids that paid no attention to his words, suddenly jump up and rush over to him with their current study guide they probably hadn't started on. They weren't going to make it.

~~~~~~~~

"Can you believe it; everything looks so much different from the first time we came here." Alice grinned, the entire school had appeared to have gotten an update, it looked nothing like it had almost a century ago. A mere shack was present the last time they went, the multiple buildings, and large sport field being nowhere to be found.