FORTY ONE

Edward gasped, his hand snatching back from the orb so quick that Jasper watched stunned at the fact he had not only watched him disappear into blue sparkles, but also reappear as the same glowing sparkles that left him dumbstruck. The vampire was sweating, his free hand clutching onto his chest as he stumbled back onto a shelf of books.

"W-We need to go." He used his free hand to snatch upon Jasper's sleeve to drag him out of the bedroom and back down the stairs. "Like now."

He had so many questions, but Edward wasn't in the mood, the clear feeling of fear, stress, and even pain radiating off him in waves as he allowed himself to be pulled. For a second, he thought he would need to touch the ball to get Edward back, but he appeared so quickly he wondered if that was necessary. He was worried for him, and a dreadful part of his mind had resigned itself to its fate, everything being his fault. The obvious distress Edward was in was his fault, and the fact that they were going to get into so much trouble for this was once again his fault. He was ashamed, and even a bit scared at witnessing what he did, but would anyone really believe him? Would his family be suspicious of Joshua like he was of him, or would they be upset with him for snooping in the first place?

"What did you did see? What happened?" He still asked questions though, Edward's mood not throwing his curiosity off in the slightest. "I know something happened to you in there." His hands were clammy, and his breathed as if he just barely managed to pull his head above water after so long of being under it. Something was wrong.

"Edward-"

"Jasper, PLEASE!" They had long since made it out the door, into the woods and an effective way away to the point they could see Joshua's car pulling back into the driveway. Edward wanted to be far from that house, and far from that ball that held the man with grey eyes. "Give it up. Stop this madness and get over yourself. No matter what you do, what you find, or who you confide in Alice will never be yours." His grip loosens, he was done for the day, done for the night, and maybe he was done for a while. All he wanted was to return home and fall back onto the couch to just rest his eyes for as long as possible. He was scared, in pain and feeling things that a vampire shouldn't be feeling at all because he wanted to make sure Jasper didn't do anything stupid.

"He could be the evilest thing in this world, but unless Alice does something about it herself, then nothing will come out of it. You can't do anything about their relationship, stop being a child and get over yourself." He coughed one last time, blood spilling from his mouth as he ran off into the woods with a visible limp. Edward was really done with him, and for what? For the crystal ball that snatched and spit him out in less than ten seconds.

And even with those words resting on his mind, he had turned to look just once more. Eyes taking notice that Alice was indeed with Joshua and the clothes that he had once seen her in were different. She was wearing a nice black mini dress to match Joshua's formal black attire, and with a happy smile she had pranced her way into the doors of his home, as he popped open the trunk to remove all the bags she had probably bought during their night out...And maybe for a second Edward was right, maybe just maybe he should give up, but his heart want what it wanted and it wanted Alice back in his arms. It wanted to hold her close, and he didn't know what it would take for that to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Restrain him." It was embarrassing how easy it was for those blue creatures to hold him down, their icy cold skin against his warm one, and their bright white eyes boring holes into the side of his head as he was forced to stare straight ahead at the man that rested on a blue settee before him.

Blue was his color, blue was beautiful on him, but blue was also something he had known to be quite deadly when there was too much of it. The deep blue sees being the main catalyst of his fear as he watched the man sip on his drink via a teacup.