FORTY SIX

He watched her cough, sputtering whatever saliva that had gotten caught in her throat after he had unexpectedly snatched her from the grip of the group of vampires. He thought long and hard about whether he wanted to save her, but the happy grin on Alice's face told a different story as she waited for Bella to gain her bearings. Not once had she questioned where Joshua had come from, where Bella had come from, why was Bella even with him, or why he had left the house in the first place. She wasn't concerned about that, didn't care, unlike the confused faces of everyone else that watched in disbelief as Bella struggled on Joshua's living room floor.

"What the fuck." Rosalie gasped, "seriously...you never told me you could do this!" As amazed as she was because the entire process was quite pretty, she was still slightly disturbed. A man she had thought was human had not only appeared out of nowhere, but crushed a crystal and brought another person with him like a wizard.

"That is nothing, I never told you because you never asked." He sipped his tea; Esme had so graciously made use of his kitchen without permission. "And I only did it so Alice could live out her weird little fantasy."

"It's not a fantasy! It's the future! Our future." She climbed into his lap, "thank you for saving her, I was really worried about her." And the unfortunate part was that she had ended up deep into the Shifters territory which meant they couldn't come save her without causing a rift no matter what the reason was... and the Shifters were busy trying to sniff out Joshua who had practically vanished into thin air after that little conversation. Sam was angry, but he couldn't help but keep his lips sealed for he knew the truth to the matter on why they don't tell anyone of what they're capable of other than imprints and the elders who already knew to begin with. It was dangerous and he feared once they were caught, they would be taken in and experimented on like some animals.

"Well explain how you were able to do that than?" Jasper frowned, "since we need to ask and all."

"You should know." Joshua smirked, "I mean you did break into my house after all, I'm sure you two were snooping around for a bunch of things and touching a lot of it also." The dim ball was enough proof that there was someone in his house, but there was only one person he was positive about had been in his house. He could smell the distress and envy the second he entered his home, and the touched ball confirmed it for him. "Did you think he was pretty?"

"He?" Rosalie lifted a brow.

"You snuck into his house while he was away? Really Jasper." Carlisle, a bit unsurprised, still felt the need to ask, he knew how the boy felt about his little break up with Alice, but it was natural, it was bound to happen since they were never mates to begin with and he would do the same if the tables were turned.

"Edward too, he was the one that met the weirdo in the glass!"

"I tried to stop him, and I didn't mean to touch it, it just sucked me in." Embarrassed, Edward jumped up, his attention being diverted from Bella over to Jasper who he furiously eyes mugged for selling him out so quickly.

"It was a crystal. Aquamarine to be exact." Annoyed, Joshua continued his monologue. "I'm sure you were sucked into it, for you have no magic, nor control over the situation when it happened. Christian had always been impatient and when you touched the crystal, he probably thought it was me and tried forcing me through before I could process everything myself." Which was funny considering his how gimmick Crystals was, he was the one to get his siblings started on it so that meant that out of them all he was much stronger when it came to putting magic through. He would never suck him into anything without it being willing on his part. "Instead of me he got you, and I'm sure he wasn't pleased about it." He chuckled, he could picture his older brother all cute and huffy as he cursed and stomped his feet like a child.