Chapter 48: The Supreme Lord's Next Plan

Start from the beginning

"I'm not mad. To be honest with you, I mainly treat my subjugation upon you to be nothing more than just a prize to feel good on fucking someone as beautiful as you, Esdeath..." Asmodeus admitted with a shrug, "I mean, it does make me comes across as an evil scum. But then again, I am a demon. And we demons are all the embodiment of sin itself..." Asmodeus continue to say, "Especially when the most evil thing we could have known is not admitting it. So, I'm not mad that you want someone that you have an eye for it."

Esdeath smiled, listening to what Asmodeus said, at how understanding it is.

"But... I see that it isn't meant to be, right? If that sad face of yours is any indication." Asmodeus pointed out, making Esdeath's happy expression melt into a frown at what Asmodeus had pointed out.

Asmodeus the float besides Esdeath as his wings disappeared while giving Esdeath a pat on the shoulder with a rather sympathetic look, "What's wrong, Esdeath?"

Esdeath then sigh before she started to explain, "Well, if you know that your army have all been demolished by the so-called Seven Virtuous Champions-"

"Hard not to forget." Asmodeus commented on.

"I was about to celebrate our victory by giving Tatsumi the love of his life as I intend on pleasuring him as I see fit, to see to it that he shall accept me as his lover, once and for all. Aside from you, that is." Esdeath commented on the last part, which made Asmodeus rolled his eyes at her remark.

"But..." Esdeath then looked behind her, seeing that Tatsumi is now sleeping on her bed as she said, "I.... I don't know. I mean, I want Tatsumi to fall for me and yet, despite my beauty and my strength, why do I get the feeling that it won't happen?"

"Because he knows that you caused the Empire to become like this." Asmodeus exclaimed her.

"Pardon, Asmodeus?" Esdeath said in confusion.

"Listen, Esdeath, I'll be real with you." Asmodeus then begin his explanation, "Before, Tatsumi was just a newly inexperienced young warrior who is naive on how the Empire has become a corrupt cesspool of crime and villainy and is trying to save his village from heavy taxation and poverty. Poverty that are the result of the Empire openly wasting each and every economy possible that will result in easy pickings for me."

Esdeath continued to listen to what he said, "He was about to enlist himself into the army but was denied because he was being overconfident and wanted to be the rank of captain now."

"Hmph, is that it? Well, if I were to see Tatsumi earlier, I could be a better judge than that." Esdeath explained with a scoff.

"Yes, well. Let's just say that he has a pretty bad experience in the Capital. You still know Leone, right?" Asmodeus said.

"You mean that Night Raid member that I had fun with? What about her?" Esdeath asked in confusion about the Lionelle user.

"Tatsumi is bewitched by her... charm and got scammed out of his money." Asmodeus stated which made Esdeath burst into laughter.

"Pfft. He did what?" Esdeath thought in disbelief while having a realization, "Although, then again, considering her body, I'm not surprised. But what is this have to do with Tatsumi?"

"Well, since Tatsumi is now broke, he got scouted by a noble girl who took him in the name of compassion." Asmodeus stated which also made Esdeath scoffed in disbelief.

"Unbelievable. While it isn't that truly out of the ordinary, I know every noble in the Empire and everyone are..." Esdeath looked at the nobility of the Empire before saying, "Well... deserving of your... retribution upon them."