Chapter 45: A Hell Champion's Infiltration

Start from the beginning

As the rest of Night Raid heard him, they all have a look of realization at what Thirteenth said and as for Lubbock and Leone, considering that Tatsumi had killed a Butcher of a Corpse Guild, and they all know that they aren't a joke, there is some grain of truth to his words.

"I guess we'll just wait here and pray that he'll survive. Maybe this will be a chance for Tatsumi to get some information or something." Sheele explained, finding some silver lining to the situation.

Sayo looked doubtful and more so with Ieyasu as he said, "I don't like this. But looking at him now, I won't doubt that the strongest member here would live through this."

"I doubt that he will escape unscathed but I guess what Thirteenth said is right. If he can handle some arrogant zombie like Thirteenth, he can at least handle anything." Lubbock said, making Thirteenth to roll his eyes again.

"So, we'll stay here for now. That is all we can do." Akame announced as everyone nod at this, "Although what will we tell Bulat if he hears about this?"

"Tell me what?"

They all heard Bulat who is standing beside the entrance, his stomach wrapped in bandages as he looked at his friends in confusion.

The rest of Night Raid all looked at each other in uncertainty before Lubbock said, "H-Hey Bulat. Funny to see you stand up despite your injury. Listen, there is a really crazy thing about something-"

"Tatsumi is captured by Esdeath." Thirteenth stated bluntly, much to everyone's shock.

"Hahahahaha, that's very funny. By the way, where's Tatsumi? Hope he is alright." Bulat said and when he looked at his friends were all being silent and Thirteenth looking dead serious, Bulat face fell, "You're... You're serious?"

"....Yes." Thirteenth without hesitation.

"I woke up from my injury and the first thing I hear is that?" Bulat said which made everyone looked at each other in an awkward and cringe worthy moment, "I'll be in bed now. Wake me up when the nightmare is over." Bulat suggested as he walked away.

As Bulat walked away, everyone is glaring at Thirteenth, minus Kali, who is sweating bullets as Ieyasu said, "WHAT THE HELL, MAN!?"

"I am not retracting the truth of what I said." Thirteenth said without guilt.

"Your truth sucks!" Mine said, glaring at Thirteenth which he just ignores without hesitation.

_____________________________________________

"And so this young man here..." Esdeath said as she showed off Tatsumi, still holding on to the chain of his collar, "Will be our new back up member. His name is Tatsumi."

To say that the Jaegers and the Seven Virtuous Champions were all stunned at the declaration would be understatement.

Thought a certain air-headed woman would say, "We have a new pet?" Ramiel said in a quizzical manner.

"What? Why would you say that?" Wave in confusion to her question.

"Because he is wearing a collar. So, I thought I should try cleaning that dog house I made if I ever get one. Or was it the other way around?" Ramiel asked, again, making everybody looking at her weirdly.

"Is she... Is she alright?" Seryu muttered to Uriel who just groans.

"Ignore her. What we want to know is why, Esdeath? Why would you have this..." Uriel said, looking at Tatsumi, still being held by his collar and said, "Boy be here. Is it that not a security risk?"

"I have to agree with Uriel, General Esdeath. It does seemed risky." Bols said to her.

"Do not worry. He'll have everything he wants here with all the protection possible and of course...." Esdeath looked at him with a blushed look and said, "He is not only our back up member but also a lover because for Tatsumi..." Esdeath then started to caress her cheeks and said, "He is perfect for me in every way possible."