✧ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧'

Start from the beginning

But the words caused for her boyfriend's mind to short-circuit, bursting into flames as the only code that could stop the malfunction were three words.

Galina was forced to a stop due to his feet halting his steps and the lack of movement caused for her to look back at him.

"What's wrong?" she questioned with a confused smile, stepping up closer to him.

Bucky stared down at her with his blue eyes slightly widened and a jaw that sat a couple of inches open.

She took in her beauty — the slight speckle of honey in her dark green eyes, the beautiful freckles that drew constellations along her nose  and prominent cheekbones.

He wasn't sure if he was hallucinating from being in cryo again or something but he could've sworn that he saw their future in her eyes.

Maybe it was impulsive, maybe it was too soon, maybe it was just borderline stupid but he couldn't stop the words his brain forced out of his mouth.

"I love you."

He watched as her eyelashes fluttered against her skin as her face softened into one of mild shock.

"W—What?" she stammers in a quiet voice.

Bucky placed his hands at the sides of her face and bent his head down slightly to look strongly into her eyes. "I...love you." he confidently spoke.

Galina was always taught that love is for children, it's been ingrained into her mind since the day she left the womb.

Love is for the weak, love is childish.

But as she stared back into those blue eyes above her, she realized that all of those phrases that were forced down her throat was a lie.

Love is strong, love perseveres above all else....

...and if that doesn't describe them, she doesn't know what does.

She lifted her hands to wrap her fingers around his much bigger wrists as her vision darted all around his face.

"I love you too."

📍Bucky's Hut

"What are you doing?" Bucky questioned Galina quizzically as he spotted her taking pictures of their marketplace groceries that were sprawled around the table.

"Im sending Wanda a haul."

"A haul?"

"Mhm. Its basically showing off what you got from the store or whatever. Its kinda difficult to explain." she tapped away on her phone and sent the pictures to Wanda while Bucky began to take out various pots and pans.

This isn't the first time that they've cooked together obviously but, each time that they do — Galina usually threatens to stab him out of frustration because he'd get in her way several times.

"Okay." she clasped her hands together as she looked around the kitchen at Bucky setting up. "We need to boil the pasta first."

His brows furrowed, gesturing to the objects around them. "Wouldn't you make the sauce and the meat first before the pasta? Pasta doesn't take long to cook."