Chapter 43: The Jaegers and the Seven Virtuous Champions

Start from the beginning

And now, Seryu can feel sympathy for the fact that Bols feels only an immeasurable amount of pain and regret in him as well as the fear of what will happen if he ever disobey an order.

Internally, she is determined to make sure that his family is safe and once, she would try to kill him for the sins he has committed, now she is willing to give Bols a second chance of atonement and a life because as someone who once had a family before, she doesn't want anyone to suffer the same fate.

Next is Kurome and she is a complicated case. Seryu can only look at her weirdly as someone who doesn't want to share her cookies with her or anyone else. But when she likewise used her abilities by patting her shoulders, she is shocked on what she had seen.

Kurome is the sister of the infamous Red-Eyed Killer, Akame and lastly, they both have lead an extremely traumatic life where they were once sold to the Empire by their parents and were all trained at a young age, once sending the children to the forest to be killed where only the strongest lives with Kurome undergoing extreme amounts of rigorous training and drug abuse and all that is left is an assassin with a pathological need to kill including her sister, despite how she still loved.

Seryu can only see absolute horror at what Kurome had been through and can only look upon the Empire in disgust at what they did to children and even treating them like a disposable tool.

As someone who understands such a feeling, all that she knows is a chance to help Kurome by any means necessary.

Then came Run and Seryu thought of him as... well, nice, as she guessed. He does comes across as more mature, calm and level headed than even Wave himself but when she used her powers on him, she found out that he is just like Wave, being genuinely nice thought also capable of manipulation and his only reason for being in the Empire was to find the murderer of his students.

Something about a certain fat clown that did something to the children.

And finally and most loathsome of them all, Dr. Stylish. Once, Seryu would respect the man who gave her everything to become the best the Empire could offer and she once thought of him as a good person.

How blinded she was to even think that Dr. Stylish is even remotely that close to good. A mad scientist with a penchant of science experimentation out of science experimentation against the people in his care, all Dr. Stylish cares about is wanting everything to be 'stylish' as further to what he wants and if there is a glimmer of humanity in him, Seryu can only puke in disgust at the mad doctor actually sees her as another experiment for his 'stylish' pursuit.

Seryu can only have a miniscule amount of her willpower left to restrain herself as she was about to kill him for what he had done if it weren't for the sake of a facade.

Her fellow Jaegers aside, there is also the leader and the second-in-command.

Liver seemed to be a good man although she doesn't exactly trust him since she hadn't used her powers on him. But then, there is General Esdeath herself.

Words cannot describe on how really beautiful she is and Seryu can only blush at how her beauty isn't an exaggeration. Even Orthax, the Demon of Vengeance, finds out how charming Esdeath is thought instead of her natural beauty, it is her evilness and Seryu didn't need to used her powers to sense that Esdeath is so full of sin that it would make anyone ugly.

And she also knows that even with this new power of hers, fighting against Esdeath is just a death wish waiting to happen.

And now, Seryu, alongside her fellow Jaegers, were all going to the throne room to have a meeting with the Emperor.

And Seryu can only look in shock that what everyone had said was true.

Emperor Makoto is nothing more than a child. A child that is barely a year older than ten. And Seryu can only look at who is standing said Emperor.