"Dadi what are you saying? Why do you think I don't have the love of a family? I do first from my parents then from Dadu, Bhaiya, Kshitij and you," I frowned. Maybe I should talk with Bhaiya about it.

"I know, just forget what I just said and tell me about your trip to Udaipur." Dadi said with a nervous chuckle. I understood that she is trying to change the subject and decided to leave it for now.

So not wanting to dig any deeper I started talking about the trip and she told me about all the gossip and about random people I don't know. I casually checked my phone to see what the time was and realised it was already late and we should have gone home an hour ago. Why didn't Avy say anything?

"Dadi, it's late, we have to leave." Dadi frowned.

"Ani, itni jaldi kyu. Thodi der aur rukh jao na baba." She stood and took my hand in hers.

(Ani, why so early. Stay for a little longer)

"I know Dadi, but we have to leave. Avni Bhabhi and I have to do some last minute things that Maa has given us for the wedding." I informed her. Dadi sighed, nodding her head as we went inside the house. We moved towards the living room where we heard voices coming from.

Dadu, Kshitij, Vivaan were present but there was no sign of Avy anywhere. "Kshitij, where is Kartavya? I don't see him anywhere." I mumbled.

"Di, Jiju and Bhai are in the study. Bhai wanted to talk with jiju." Kshitij answered while looking at his phone. Oh what are they talking about?

"What did he want to talk about?" He just shrugged.

"Okay I'm going to see them, okay." I went upstairs and headed towards the study when Amaira and Badi Maa stopped me. They stood in front of me blocking my way. This area of the house is a little secluded since bhaiya didn't want anyone to disturb him while he was working so we were alone.

"Look Mama, who is it? The Man stealer." Amaira asked in a mocking tone. I scoffed at her audacity. I just tried to move past them. I don't want to talk to them or even have any kind of interaction. "We are talking to you. Can't you see?" she fumed.

"Amaira, I'm not in the mood to talk to you right now. Instead of lurking in the corners planning and scheming to destroy innocent lives, do something with your life" I tried to move past them but Badi Maa held my arm and pulled me back. She held it so tight digging her nails into my wrist that it started to hurt.

Amaira let out a gasp. "Mama, have you seen her attitude? She is talking back to us now."

She looked enraged. "You, how dare you? Just because you are married you think you can talk back and behave however you want. Have you forgotten what happens when you talk back or should I remind you again?" She held my upper arm in a bruising grip.

"Let go." I twisted and jerked my hand free from hers.

She was fuming. She came into my face and said through gritted teeth. "Yes, I'm observing everything Amaira, she must have forgotten what happens when she behaves badly. It's been long since she had her punishment. Isn't that right Anika." I stiffened.

I was always the target of their cruel behaviour even after I moved away from their house and into her grandparents house. I always tried to understand the reason but after not getting any answers I just stopped wondering why they behaved like this. I don't want to understand why my abusers do what they do. I didn't give them the satisfaction of trying to understand them, they do what they do because they are bad people. They are not what they show the society they are evil and would go any lengths to get what they want.

But all this time I thought if I ignored them, they were going to leave me alone and wouldn't bother me. But they took my silence for weakness. Yes I may have been weak before and I may sometimes still be scared of her. But I don't want to be that scared little girl anymore. Everything has been going great in my life and I don't want them to ruin that. If they again knew I was scared they would latch on to it and would do anything to make me again bend to their will.