Her grandmother turned towards me. "Kartavya, how are you my dear?"

"I'm good Dadi, how are you?" I touched her feet too.

"I'm great, now my Ani is here." She caressed Anika's hair.

"Why are you standing? Sit, sit." Dadu ushered to the nearby couch. I sat on the couch waiting for Anika to sit next to me. She talked about something with her brother for a few seconds and with a frown she came and sat next to me.

"What happened?" I whispered. She turned towards me and shook her head with a small smile. I decided to ask her later.

"Kartavya, How is everyone at home bache?" Dadi asked.

"They are good. Dadi, they just left for Udaipur this morning." I answered. After that we just talked about random things. Kshitij and Anika were bickering like little kids and Utkarsh was supporting her no matter what. It was hilarious to watch Kshitij get frustrated when they gang up on him.

While we were talking we heard footsteps coming from the foyer.I turned to see who it was and it was her uncle and aunt along with their children. They walked into the living room with an air of smugness as if everyone was beneath them. The younger guy walked in first and greeted his grandparents and cousins. The rest of them turned towards me with a surprised expression as if they were shocked I was here.

"Kartavya, you are here." Her aunt looked shocked to see me.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Why wouldn't I be here?"

"Oh you know you never came with her. That's why." I forced a smile and turned towards Anika.

"Anika, How are you beta?" Her aunt asked with a sickly sweetened smile. Which anyone can say is fake. Anika forced a smile and told her that she is fine. Then her aunt started making small talk with her. While her uncle just stood there without saying anything. I noticed how Anika was fidgeting and playing with her finger. She only does that when she is uncomfortable. I placed my hand on hers and held her hand. She turned her head and gave me a relieved smile.

The girl who I knew was Anika's cousin, I don't really remember her name, flopped down beside me, a little too close for my liking. I tried my best to hide my annoyance but Anika noticed and passed me a teasing smile. I rolled my eyes." I hope you remember me. I'm Amaira Ani's cousin." Ah, now I remembered her name. I saw her with Kavya and Khushi. The way she said Ani rubbed me the wrong way.

"I do, good to see you too." I muttered politely. Her aunt was still going on about how she should be a good wife and always listen to her husband and in-laws and never disobey them. I shook my head at that.

"So Kartavya, how is the business going?" Her uncle Sanjay asked.

"It's going good." I replied.

"You know I was thinking about this for sometime now and now I got the opportunity to say it. Maybe we can do business sometime. We are family now and we can definitely do good business. In Fact we are starting an amazing project we sh-" Sanjay's rant was interrupted by Utkarsh.

"Bade papa, they are not here to talk about business. So refrain from doing so." Utkarsh growled. Is there something wrong between them? First Anika was uncomfortable talking to them and now Utakarsh was looking at his uncle and aunt as if he wanted to strangle them.

"What is the problem, Utkarsh? I'm just suggesting that he should join our new project and there is no harm in talking now. I don't think Kartavya has a problem with discussing business now. Do you, Kartavya?" He muttered smugly as if he knew he was right and I wanted to talk business with him. I internally rolled my eyes. This guy who couldn't even distinguish between right and wrong when it came to people. He was doing business with Neel and I won't associate with people who are connected to Neel.