Chapter 39: The Dark Haunter Strikes Again

Start from the beginning

Looking at her hand and then herself, she had the idea that once she is done being the Dark Haunter and finish wiping out every scum in the Capital and bring peace and reformation of the Empire, well...

Maybe retirement would have been preferable.

Her father would have wanted that and so is her mother and Albert.

But she is interrupted when she bumped into someone.

Looking at someone in front of her, she witnessed someone.

He looked to be a man dressed in thick white armour that is far too advanced and far too bulky in comparison to the usual white uniforms of the Imperial Soldiers

He looked to be a man dressed in thick white armour that is far too advanced and far too bulky in comparison to the usual white uniforms of the Imperial Soldiers. Their helmets also hide their faces with the exception of their mouths and their weapons, their rifles, are so thick, bulky and advance that it makes the Empire's assault rifles looked primitive comparison.

Seryu recognised who the person is alongside other people who also wear the same armour and weapons as the one Seryu accidentally bump into.

'Wait, I think I know this guys. Who were they again? I think they are the new units of the Empire. I mean, the name stuck but I can't put my finger on them.' Seryu thought in frustration on who this mysterious soldiers are.

"Officer, are you alright?" The tall soldier said to Seryu.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, lost in my thoughts there. By the way..." She asked, tilting her head, "Who are you again?"

The soldier then nod and said, "We are the new units of the Empire that will deal against the incoming threats of the Empire, whether in the Capital or out. You must have heard of the Kaiserliche Astartes, correct, Officer?"

"Uh... Yeah... Who doesn't?" Seryu thought, grimacing at meeting one of those giant knights in white armour. Or rather, Orthax does and he has a few choice of words to this.

'Get them away from me! Get them away from me! Their souls! Their presence! It is unbearable! Get them away from me! Please, Seryu, get away! GET AWAY!'

Yeah, to say that she is surprise that the demon sounds scared is both surprising and amusing to her.

"Fuck you." Orthax spitefully bark back.

"Awww, love you too." Seryu teased back.

"Well, we are the Kaiserliche Militarum, a specialized elite unit commended by the Hierophant in being the best at all known acts of warfare. From attrition warfare to guerilla warfare to assault combat and even even urban warfare, we handle it all, thank you." The Militarum soldier explained to her.

"I see. And what is happening there?" Seryu said, looking to the side to see a really disturbing sight.

There are rotting corpses with flies running amok all over them, looking like they were being killed by a firing squad if said firing squad wield high powered weapons as well.