"It's really you. Oh my God I can't believe it." She said with tears in her eyes. Anger bubbled up inside me. How dare she come and talk to me.

"Gentlemen, we'll continue this meeting tomorrow in my office." Standing up I shook their hands and was ready to leave when she caught my hand.

"Kartavya, please don't be like that. We've met after two years, at least look at me." At this point everyone in our vicinity were looking at us curiously.

"Let go Mahira, you are causing a scene." I still didn't look at her.

"No, not until you talk to me. Please just do this once. I want to really tell what actually happened, the truth." I scoffed.

"What truth? What are you gonna tell me that I don't already know."

"Just give me 10 minutes, I'll tell you everything."

"Fine, 10 minutes." We went to a private dining area and settled down.

"How are you?" She was trying to make small talk.

"I don't have time for small talk, say what you have to say and let's get this over with already." I said running out of patients.

"Please don't be like that. It hurts a lot when you talk to me as if I'm a stranger."

"You're a stranger to me. I don't know who the fuck are and what you are capable of. But if you're not going to get to the topic I'm going to leave." I went to stand when she held my hand again.

"Don't fucking touch me." I pulled my hand out of her grasp. She flinched and looked down.

"Fine, I'll tell you everything, please sit down." She took a deep breath and started. "I've never cheated on you. I-" before she could finish a laugh burst out of me.

"Yeah right you didn't."

"Kartavya, please listen to me completely, don't interrupt. After that you can say whatever you want." I sighed nodding for her to continue. I don't know why I am here and why I am even listening to her.

"I never cheated on you Kartavya, you were the love of my life, why would I ever cheat on you. Dad was doing business with Neel you remember right and you even told dad not to do it. So dad thought of withdrawing but he didn't at the last minute. After that Neel became a regular at our home. After that my whole world crumbled." She was sobbing at this point. At one point in my life these tears would have made my heart hurt but not now.

There's still a dull ache in my chest but nothing much seeing her after two years brought back all the good memories we had. I shook my head. It doesn't matter now since there is someone in my life right now who I promised to respect, care and protect for the rest of my life.

"Continue."

"He had compromising pictures of me with him. He installed a camera in my room, bathroom and closet. You remember the party that we went to and he was there telling me how he would satisfy me more than you and all the disgusting things. I wasn't blushing and enjoying his flirting at that time Kartavya. He blackmailed me to act like that. He said if I didn't do as he says or if I told anyone about that, he would leak my photos on the internet. And I didn't sleep with him. He blackmailed me to do it. I didn't have an option. I wanted to tell you so badly but I couldn't or he would have leaked my pictures."

My mind was spinning, I was rooted in my spot not knowing what to do or say. She was crying but that was all white noise in the background. I looked at her trying to comprehend what she just said. She was raped, he forced her to sleep with him and instead of trying to dig deeper into the matter I abaonded her.