"So where are you going, Anika?" Bua asked, looking at me with distaste. I don't get what her problem is. I didn't even talk to her properly since the wedding

"I start work today." Not sure how they would react, I looked at everyone present at the table.

"What so early? It's not even been a full week since you married." She turned to look at Maa and Dadi who were looking at me and then at Kartavya like they knew something we don't.

"It's okay Anika you can go," Dadi said and looked at Kartavya with hardened eyes. "Kartavya, drop her off and pick her up from the office. Anika, tell him your timings so he can manage his work by then."

"I'm not her chauffeur Dadi. And I already told Andrew to drop by and pick her up from now on. He'll be her driver and bodyguard." He snapped. Closing my eyes in frustration I took a deep breath and turned to look at Dadi.

"Dadi, I have my car and my driver and bodyguard who has been working for my family for years so I don't need anybody." With a forced smile, I resumed eating. Everyone was looking at us with mixed expressions.

I don't know what happened in the last two days when he decided to behave like an asshole. But it's disturbing, as he said I maintained my distance and didn't talk to him unless it was necessary. If he wants to behave like an asshole, so be it. It's not like I was expecting anything since the beginning and even less after I learned about his past.

"I'm getting late, I have to leave. Bye, everyone." Standing up I looked at everyone with one last smile and started walking towards his bedroom to collect my things. I was texting my driver to get the car when he entered the room looking pissed about what I didn't know and I could care less.

"Take Andrew with you, Anika." He halted me with his on my wrist when I was moving past him.

"In case you haven't heard earlier, I already said I don't need or want him." Jerking my hand out of his, I went to the office.

******

"It's okay Atul, you know you don't always have to have perfect designs and you're just beginning." I was talking to an intern who just got chewed out by one of the team leads, Vishal, for mistakes in his designs. I work in an interior designing company called 'Tasteful & Trending' owned by my brother along with many other businesses of his.

"Ma'am I messed up this time. You trusted me enough to hand in some of your work but I failed you." He was literally on the verge of crying. I know something was wrong when he didn't greet me with his usual cheeky smile.

"Is everything okay Atul?" Placing a hand on his shoulder I made him sit in the chair beside him. "It's okay, you know we learn from our mistakes. You can always do it again while keeping your previous mistakes in mind."

"I don't think I can do it again, Anika. Vishal sir said to hand in my resignation letter by lunch" He covered his face with his hands. We've become really good friends since we were only a few years apart. I gasped hearing he was asked to resign. God, I hate Vishal he can be so ruthless he doesn't care about anyone.

"I don't get it, Atul. Why didn't you tell me earlier." I asked a little angry.

"I thought you would agree with him because it's my 4th time making mistakes. And we all know the company doesn't tolerate incompetence when it comes to working" He looked so crushed. He worked hard to get this internship and he is one of the best interns in the company.

"Nahi, budhu mein kyu tumhe resign karne ko kahungi. Mujhe pata hai tum kitne talented ho. Agar mein tumhe resign karne ko ke diya then this company will lose a gem." With a smile on my face, I handed him the files he was working on. "I won't ask you why you didn't do it properly the first time but I expect them to be done by tomorrow morning. Now off you go."