Chapter Sixty-One🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the sixty-one chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:
As rain falls heavily and the whole area is filled with flowing water.

The guy I strove---hard to avoid all my life is standing right in front of me.

My head is barely some metres away from his chin.

We are alone in the rain but completely...standing apart.

He is gazing at me anxiously, worried about my well-being. And I am averting away from him without caring about my health.

I was more single-minded with returning home just to please my mum. Even if it means standing for hours to find a taxi.

"Taliha..." He uttered with his soothing voice while staring at me, "...would you come with me if I offer you a ride?"

I become stunned with a glance at him as the raindrops land on my face.

Instantly, I recollected every past event where he saved me---from trouble.

He was constantly available for my needs and struggles. I was curious if Allah had sent him to be my protector. He had done a lot for me, and I vividly remembered everything every day.

Is he an angel?
He is saving me...again!

He walks to the passenger seat, leaving me frozen and opens the door with a hand gesturing inside.

"Come on, let's go."

I was hesitant to accept his offer as I gazed at him from afar.

"Wait..." I said hastily and he froze instantly. "Why should I go with you?"

He chuckles softly with a shrug, "Because you have no choice? Do you want to stay out here in the cold?"

He sounded so placid and tender for a gentleman, and I was pleased with his voice.

I snort with a blank stare, "I never complained about myself, did I?"

Then his face turned cold after his eyebrows furrowed while striding towards me.

"What do you mean by that, Taliha? You are extremely wet, you could catch a cold. Or aren't you human?"

I examine my soaked dress for a while after hearing his statement. After realization, I face him with eagerness.

"Will you take me home?" I requested with a raised eyebrow.

He nods with a nervous smile, "Of course, why not? Where else would I take you? My house or a hotel?"

"No way, girl."

He admitted while shaking his head. Then I think deeply as he takes some steps closer with a perplexed look.

He needed a reply from me.

Should I go ahead with his offer?
If he can take me back home, then I should accept this proposal.
Otherwise, I will stay here without finding a taxi.

Before I start flapping my hands in excitement as my lips twitch into a smile, he places his coat over my shoulder.

I froze instantly as he coated me up while zipping it.

"I can see from your blooming smile that you want to go with me, so let's go." He chortled before walking to the door again.

In a rush, I follow him from behind and sit in the passenger seat.

After we are seated on each side, he closes his door.

His car was warm and cosy, so I felt comfortable.