Chapter Fourty-Nine🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the forty-ninth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Arif's POV:The next day which is Tuesday finally came, the day I am expected to bring the beaker to school

Arif's POV:
The next day which is Tuesday finally came, the day I am expected to bring the beaker to school. After I got ready for school, I was walking down the stairs in a rush while checking my wristwatch.

"Alright peeps, I am ready for school." I sighed with a shrug as I stopped by the dining table.

Oscar was done cooking so he was serving Isla breakfast. Isla was in her uniform, a red tartan skirt, a white shirt and two long straps with buckles, she would look like a British scout if she wore a beret. Since she was a Muslim, her hair was concealed with a scarf wrapped around her head like a turban.

I pulled out a seat and sat comfortably on the chair.

"Oh, Arif." Oscar mentioned after a glance at me, "you are out early."

I chuckled softly, "Oh come on brother, you are aware that I always work with time. I love being punctual, time is everything to me."

One thing I can't do is lateness for anything, I always wake up early and sleep early.

And now, I feel refreshed because I took my morning shower after a long jog outside. Yeah, I do take a little jog outdoors after praying with my siblings every morning. I only pray in my room when it's an individual prayer. If not, Oscar is the one who leads our prayer.

"Arif, here you go..." Oscar said interrupting my thoughts and I faced him involuntarily, then I raised my plate for him to put my food.

Food at last!

I smiled, "Thanks, mate."

He nodded in response and I placed the dished meal in my corner space. After I saw the food very clearly, my smile faded instantly.

Bangers & Mash?! Again?

I shot Oscar an incredible look as he smiled broadly like today was a happy day for him. Then he looked at me before he realized that I was upset.

"Bangers and mashed potatoes? Again?!"

He scoffed, "But what's wrong with it?"

With that statement said, he walked away from the table with the large pot in his hand and he headed to the kitchen.

I sighed deeply trying to control myself as I placed my head down. I was irritated by the sight of the dish.

Then I gave Isla a corner eye to see her reaction to the dish.

To my surprise, she was enjoying it.

So I groaned turning my face away in disgust. I was disappointed even more.

Usually, Bangers is slang for sausages.

But still, I can't eat this dish again. I eat it almost every day. If only my brother wasn't always in the kitchen, I wouldn't eat it more often. Unfortunately, it's his favourite dish.