Chapter Sixteen🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the sixteenth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:Back to the dinner we are making, it's time for the next meal

Taliha's POV:
Back to the dinner we are making, it's time for the next meal. Can you guess?....

"Are you cooking the Turkish dish now?"

Mrs Lilian faced me, waiting for a response. Then I looked at her with a firm reply.

"No, the cake..."

"Cake?" She uttered with a raised eyebrow, "what cake?"

"The jubilee cake...."

"But it's a cake done in two days, do you have the frost rose petals ready?"

"Yes, of course...."

She becomes mute. I am not surprised that she was stunned by my reply, I mean how did I prepare the petals beforehand?

I went to my room to get the petals and opened the door before entering, the parchment was on a stool near the bookshelf. I touched a petal slightly to feel its texture, it's dry.

With a smile, I left the room along with the parchment. Mrs Lilian was surprised after seeing the petals, she thought I was joking. "See?" I said stretching out the parchment to her, she gazed at the petals and smiled slightly.

Good job!...me

I placed the parchment on the counter with a sigh, "Let's get started."

I removed the nylon gloves I was wearing and wore a new one, then I preheated the oven to 180°c gas/160°c fan. I buttered two 20cm/8inches round sandwich tins and line their bases with baking parchment. I tipped sugar into a mixing bowl and add the softened butter of the tins. After beating it for a while till it's pale and fluffy, I beat egg yolks inside the bowl.

Mrs Lilian sifts baking powder and flour over the cake mixture while I folded the powder into the mixture lightly using a large metal spoon.

"Please, be careful dear...."

She whispered as I folded it. She added almonds and extract into it after a while, then I stopped folding the mixture when the flour traces had gone. Mrs Lilian whisks the egg whites until they held their shape. Then I folded a third of the egg whites gently into the cake mixture, I repeated this third twice.

"Please don't over-mix the mixture, Taliha." Mrs Lilian warned, I nodded in reply. We didn't want to lose the lightness of the egg whites due to thorough mixing. The raspberries are folded inside, then i divided between the prepared tins and leveled the mixture with a round bladed knife. After baking it for 30 mins, it was cooled in the tin for 5 minutes before turned out. I peeled off the lining paper and left it to cool completely.

With that, we were making progress and I couldn't hold the happy feeling inside of me, my lips twitched into a smile and i found Mrs Lilian looking at me with a beam too.