Chapter Fifty-Three🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the thirty-third chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Arif's POV:After Taliha bashed me yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about her exact words to me

Arif's POV:
After Taliha bashed me yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about her exact words to me.

There were hurtful but I didn't want to take them to heart.

I wanted to withstand the pain I felt.

A lot has happened in a few weeks.

My father first forced me to return to the AIT for military training against my will and now Taliha hates me because of my absence from school.

I never wanted to leave.

I was also enjoying the little moments Taliha and I shared ever since we became friends.

But I still left, didn't I?

I sighed while bowing my head.

I was confused, I was also angry at the same time because I got rejected by her.

No girl ever made me apologize for anything.

I still recall when I arrived late to an invitation for a dinner with a french girl some years ago.

I came running like I was chased from behind.

"Lacey..." I mentioned while panting, she was staring at me in shock.

Then I took a seat near her.

I was in a black suit because I had to dress formally for the occasion.

"I'm sorry for being late for our little dinner..."

"Non, Arif." She stated in her French accent and I froze instantly.

I was astonished.

Then She smiled at me, "It's okay, it's no big deal."

"Wait, what?!" I said softly with a raised eyebrow.

"I am just glad you're here, Arif." She added while pouring a bottle of champagne into a glass for herself.

I was still amazed that she didn't get upset about arriving late.

So I only chuckled softly while staring at her secretly.

Her eyebrow raised at me, "Do you care for some?"

I knew that I couldn't take champagne, so I didn't hesitate to shake my head.

"Ahh, no."

"Okay." She nodded.

Then She dropped the bottle on the table and I grabbed a water bottle next to it, I was indeed thirsty at some point.

Only Taliha saw a fault in me which affected me.

Normally, I rarely cared about what people thought about me.

I always enjoyed doing things I wanted, like I was in control of everything.